Digital TV News: Qwilt
Qwilt CDN technology rolling out to NCTC member networks across the US
Jul 20, 2022 – The NCTC and Qwilt have announced progress on an initiative to create a nationwide federated CDN. As of June 2022, 100+ NCTC members have signed up to deploy this upgrade in their networks, and the program is still open for qualifying members.
News categories: Qwilt, National Cable Television Cooperativ, Alon Maor, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Qwilt offers unified CDN for NCTC members
Nov 8, 2021 – NCTC and Qwilt have launched an initiative to upgrade NCTC member networks with Qwilt's CDN technology and services. NCTC members that deploy the solution will be federated together into a unified CDN.
News categories: Qwilt, NCTC, Alon Maor, Lou Borrelli, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
May 28, 2020 – Conviva has announced a partnership with Akamai that includes the use of Conviva for QoE intelligence. Conviva and Akamai also announced a solution to automatically collect CDN Edge Server IP addresses across streaming applications on all devices.
News categories: Conviva, Akamai, Bill Demas, PJ Joseph, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance publishes documents on ad delivery for OTT and 360°/VR
Sep 14, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two newly approved documents. The documents cover advertisement delivery across OTT and the current state of 360-degree video and best practices
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Mourad Kioumgi, Brian Stevenson, Ori Finkelman, Eric Klein, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2022, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Verizon deploys Qwilt open caching solution
Nov 14, 2017 – Qwilt has announced that Verizon has chosen Qwilt's Open Caching solution as a content and application delivery platform that will both improve Quality of Experience (QoE) and enable new applications like AR, VR, and 4K Live Streaming.
News categories: Qwilt, Verizon, Alon Maor, Lee Hicks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Qwilt and Limelight to offer integrated caching
Oct 24, 2017 – Qwilt and Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) have announced that the two companies will together offer integrated caching, by combining Limelight’s global infrastructure with Qwilt’s open caching in ISP networks.
News categories: Qwilt, Limelight Networks, Alon Maor, Ersin Galioglu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching trials to begin
Jan 3, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that trials based on recently approved Open Caching Request Routing and HTTPS Delegation Technical Specification are to begin. The trials are the first implementation of open caching systems that incorporate the specification for request routing in ISP networks.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK