Digital TV News: Rai
Internet access speed impacts CE device ownership levels in the U.S.
Feb 9, 2023 – An NPD Group report has revealed that gaps exist in U.S. ownership levels for devices that are more dependent on an internet connection. Examples include 4K TVs and smart home devices.
News categories: NPD Group, Eddie Hold, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
Feb 7, 2023 – Atmosphere has announced a $65m Series D funding round. The company's FAST platform provides programming to restaurants, bars, gyms, doctor offices, and other business establishments worldwide.
News categories: Atmosphere, Leo Resig, John Resig, Blake Sabatinelli, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
Feb 7, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has announced Magnite Streaming. Magnite Streaming empowers media owners to maximize the value of their assets across live and VOD inventory, CTV and OTT, and addressable linear.
News categories: Magnite, Sean Buckley, Evan Adlman, Andrew Tint, Travis Hockersmith, Jill Steinhauser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
Feb 2, 2023 – Sky is rolling out new features to Entertainment OS, its Sky Glass and Sky Stream operating system. Entertainment OS 1.1 brings Personalised Playlists, a new 'Play' voice command, more ways to find content, and enhanced Bluetooth features.
News categories: Sky, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK, UX
ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
Jan 24, 2023 – ENENSYS has announced the release of ModulCast-ATSC, an ATSC 3.0 OEM modulator board that delivers a high-performance RF output meeting broadcaster quality requirements, for integration into digital TV transmitters.
News categories: ENENSYS, Christophe TROLET, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Enensys and Electrolink provide transmitters to Rai Way for DVB-T2 refarming
Jan 18, 2023 – ENENSYS and ELECTROLINK have delivered to Rai Way all the DVB-T/T2 transmitter systems, operating in the regions of Abruzzo, Lazio and Liguria, related to the refarming project in Italy.
News categories: Enensys, Electrolink, Rai Way, Christophe Trolet, Danilo Capponi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy
JW Player acquires subscription and identity management provider InPlayer
Jan 17, 2023 – JW Player is acquiring InPlayer. The acquisition broadens JW Player’s video platform capabilities, helping broadcasters and other video-driven businesses monetize their subscription-based services and by providing audience insights.
News categories: JW Player, InPlayer, Dave Otten, Jeroen Wijering, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
discovery+ now available at no extra charge to Sky TV subscribers
Jan 16, 2023 – Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream customers can now sign up for discovery+ as part of their monthly Sky TV subscription. The discovery+ app is easy to find via the Apps rail on Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q.
News categories: Sky, Warner Bros. Discovery, Elizabeth Wynn, Antonio Ruiz, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server