Digital TV News: RomTelecom
Zenterio delivers software solution to Telekom Romania
Sep 15, 2014 – Telekom Romania (formerly Romtelecom) has announced the rollout starting from October of a new IPTV solution, with Zenterio OS – Zenterio’s software platform – as a key component.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Robin Rutili, Mathias Hanel, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
OTE TV up 69.1% Y-o-Y in Greece
Aug 7, 2014 – OTE (ASE: HTO; OTC MARKET: HLTOY) has announced results to end-June, 2014. At the end of the quarter, OTE TV subscribers amounted to 296k, an increase of 69% year-on-year. Romtelecom TV subscribers rose by 6.8% compared to Q2’13.
News categories: OTE TV, Romtelecom, Cable TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE (OTE TV and RomTelecom) results to end-June 2013
Aug 8, 2013 – OTE Group (ASE:HTO; OTC MARKET:HLTOY) has announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. In Greece, total TV subscribers amounted to 175k, an increase of 99k year-on-year. In Romania, Romtelecom TV subscribers grew 7.3% over the year, to reach nearly 1.3 million.
News categories: OTE TV, Cable TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Next Generation IPTV and Multi-Screen Platform for Chunghwa Telecom
Mar 19, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that its Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solutions have been selected for the IPTV and multi-screen upgrade at Taiwan's largest telecom operator, Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT).
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Ericsson, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Video Exchange
RomTelecom Powers On-Demand TV Services With Espial MediaBase
May 17, 2011 – Espial® (TSX:ESP) has announced that RomTelecom (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has now surpassed 35,000 IPTV subscribers with access to on-demand TV services powered by Espial MediaBase. These include timeshift-TV and video-on-demand services.
News categories: Espial, RomTelecom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Subscribers
Romtelecom to take over customers and assets of AKTA Satelit
Mar 29, 2011 – Romtelecom (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has signed a contract with Digital Cable Systems (DCS) for the takeover of the assets and the customer base of DCS' AKTA Satelit satellite TV service.
News categories: Romtelecom, AKTA, MandA, Romania, Satellite
Amino secures set-top box contract with Romtelecom
Jun 8, 2010 – Amino Technologies (AIM: AMO.L) has secured a new contract to provide set-top boxes (STB) to Romtelecom, one of the most important telecom operators in Romania and leader in the fixed communications market.
News categories: Amino, Romtelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Set Top Box
Amino Technologies Period-end Trading Update
Jun 8, 2010 – Amino Technologies (AIM: AMO.L), the UK-based leader in digital entertainment solutions for IPTV, Internet TV and in-home multimedia distribution, has provided an update for the half-year ended 31 May 2010.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box
OTE Conn-x IPTV at 16k subscribers and RomTelecom DTH at 880k at end-2009
Feb 25, 2010 – The OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2009. As of December 2009, OTE's Conn-x IPTV service had attracted more than 16,000 subscribers. RomTelecom direct-to-home TV subscribers reached 880,000.
News categories: OTE Group, RomTelecom, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product