Digital TV News: Romulo Pontual
DIRECTV first multi-channel video provider to deliver 4K Ultra HD VOD
Nov 13, 2014 – DIRECTV has announced that it will begin offering a variety of new releases, popular films and nature documentaries in 4K Ultra HD. DIRECTV has teamed up with Samsung as its exclusive CE 4K UHD launch partner.
News categories: DIRECTV, Samsung, Romulo Pontual, CES2022, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
DIRECTV Wireless Genie Mini now available nationwide
Apr 10, 2014 – DIRECTV's Wireless Genie Mini, which gives customers the freedom to place their TVs anywhere they want and enjoy a full HD DVR experience on every TV without seeing the clutter of cable wires and boxes in every room, is now available to all DIRECTV customers nationwide.
News categories: DIRECTV, Romulo Pontual, DVR, Gateway, Placeshifting, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
Humax Enters Production of Next Generation DIRECTV 'Genie' Server
Jan 8, 2013 – Humax (115160.KQ) has announced the recent approval for production of their DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) HR44-500 'Genie' server, which will be combined with the Humax-manufactured C41-500 'mini Genie' client which is currently undergoing final certification.
News categories: Humax, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Pace Achieves Production Approval for DIRECTV 'Genie' Server and Client
Jan 7, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced the recent approval for production of its DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) HR44 'Genie' Media Server and C41 'mini Genie' device. These products are developed in compliance with the RVU protocol.
News categories: Pace plc, DIRECTV, RVU Alliance, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DIRECTV launches DIRECTV Genie™ whole-home HD DVR
Oct 11, 2012 – The DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) Genie includes the ability to record five shows in HD at one time; a full HD DVR experience on every TV in the home without seeing a box in each room; and a new opt-in feature that recommends shows based on the viewer's taste.
News categories: DIRECTV, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
RVU Alliance™ Remote User Interface Now Included in DLNA® Interoperability Guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA®) and the RVU Alliance™ have announced that the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) has been incorporated into the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Smart Home
Samsung Announces Set-Top 'Boxless' Viewing in All 2012 Smart TVs
Jan 10, 2012 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have unveiled plans to offer DIRECTV's customers the ability to watch live broadcast and stored content from a DIRECTV DVR on Samsung's 2012 line of Smart TVs without the need for additional set-top boxes.
News categories: DIRECTV, Samsung, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Pace server hub to enable DIRECTV multiroom DVR service
Sep 19, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that the company's HR34 server is the central hub in the DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) Home Media Center, set to launch October 2011. The HR34 enables the satellite industry's first fully interconnected DVR experience.
News categories: Pace plc, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
Space Systems/Loral Selected to Provide Two High-Power Satellites to Intelsat
Sep 8, 2011 – Space Systems/Loral (NASDAQ: LORL) has announced that it has been awarded a contract to provide two high-power satellites to Intelsat for DIRECTV's (Nasdaq: DTV) Direct-to-Home (DTH) television services in Latin America.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, Intelsat, DIRECTV Latin America, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way