Digital TV News: SARFT
Broadcom launches first HD satellite set-top box SoC for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new high definition (HD) set-top box (STB) system-on-chip (SoC) for China's free-to-air (FTA) satellite market. Broadcom's BCM7228 chip integrates Audio Video Coding Standard (AVS+) decompression.
News categories: Broadcom, Dan Marotta, CCBN, China, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Inspur selects Broadcom SoC for Shandong Cable
Mar 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Inspur Group, Shandong Cable Network's primary systems integrator, has selected Broadcom's HD set-top box SoC to enable deployment of cable services.
News categories: Broadcom, Inspur Group, Shandong Cable Network, Dan Marotta, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics unveils STB initiatives at TVConnect and CCBN
Mar 18, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced a number of STB initiatives. These include the introduction of a 'Liege2' product family, smaller and more power-efficient members of its existing Liege family and a cooperation with MaxLinear.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Eric Benoit, Brian Sprague, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Broadcom Announces Cost-Optimized Cable HD Set-Top Box SoCs
Mar 21, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first low cost, HD digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics and 3H cooperate on digital TV for Inner Mongolia
Nov 28, 2012 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and 3H International Technology have announced a collaboration to develop broadcast and broadband digital TV set-top boxes for Inner Mongolia based on ST's entry-level HD cable product, the STiH271EL.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, 3H International, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
53 million STBs to ship in China this year
Nov 16, 2012 – According to figures on the sarft.net web site, set-top box shipments in China will be close to 53 million this year, up 11.1 million units, or 26.4%, from the 41.9 million units shipped in 2011.
News categories: Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
China's SARFT submits plan for national cable operator
Aug 6, 2012 – China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) has submitted a proposal to the State Council for the establishment of a national company to lead the integration of China cable networks.
News categories: SARFT, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
Telairity Encoders for Sichuan DTV Broadcasting and China Telecom IPTV
Apr 17, 2012 – Telairity has announced the sale of its multi-channel SD 7000 series encoders for a DTT network being installed in Sichuan Province; and the sale of its ultra-low bitrate SD/mobile 9000 series encoders for China Telecom's nationwide IPTV system.
News categories: Telairity, China, Content Distribution, DTMB, IPTV, Terrestrial
Sumavision Deploys Broadcom DOCSIS®-based EoC Cable Architecture in China
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Sumavision is deploying its DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to Chinese cable operators. The Sumavision CC8800 products fully meet China's NGB broadband requirements.
News categories: Broadcom, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024