Digital TV News: SCTE•ISBE
SCTE•ISBE voting to combine forces with CableLabs
Nov 9, 2020 – Members of the SCTE•ISBE will be voting to combine forces with CableLabs, streamlining the cable industry’s technology-based associations by uniting its two largest engineering organizations into one.
News categories: CableLabs, SCTE•ISBE, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 to take place virtually
Jun 9, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 will take place virtually Oct. 12-16, marking the first all-digital presentation of the largest cable telecommunications and technology event in the Americas since its inception in 1983.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable-Tec Expo, Tom Adams, Tony Werner, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
May 27, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE has received official notification that Governor Polis’ executive order designating the Colorado Convention Center as a temporary medical facility has been extended through the remainder of the year.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Conway Corp selects Vecima for IP video delivery
Sep 30, 2019 – Vecima Networks (TSX:VCM) has announced that Conway Corporation has selected Vecima to power its new IPTV multiscreen service. Moving from QAM to IP delivery systems, Conway Corp will be able to introduce new services to subscribers on any screen.
News categories: Vecima, Conway Corp, Clay McCreery, Jason Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Grupo TVCable using OpenVault to optimize performance and UX
Oct 9, 2018 – OpenVault has announced a trial with Ecuador’s largest cable operator, Grupo TVCable. Using OpenVault’s cloud-based tools, Grupo TVCable is to use better visibility of its network to optimize capacity and provide the most responsive services to as many users as possible.
News categories: OpenVault, Grupo TVCable, Tony Costa, Jorge Schwartz, George Kassas, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, UX
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform