Digital TV News: SKY Brasil
Oi to transfer DTH subscribers and IPTV infrastructure to SKY Brasil
Apr 28, 2022 – Oi S.A. has executed a term sheet with SKY Serviços de Banda Larga (SKY) to transfer its DTH postpaid customer base and the use of its IPTV infrastructure and associated services to SKY, under a revenue sharing agreement.
News categories: Oi S.A., SKY Serviços, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
Oct 13, 2021 – t4h. (Tech4home) has launched its PALI Android TV remote control (RCU) at SKY Brasil. The PALI remote control will be one of the first Android TV RCUs to enter Brazil's pay TV market.
News categories: Tech4home, SKY Brasil, Graça Candido, Andre Ribeiro, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
Jul 22, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that it is powering SKY Connect, the 4K Android TV DVR, recently launched by SKY Brasil, building on the work done for the launch of Linux STBs for SKY Brasil and DIRECTV Latin America in 2016.
News categories: Wyplay, SKY Brasil, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
Jul 21, 2021 – Grupo Werthein and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced that Grupo Werthein has reached an agreement to acquire AT&T's Vrio Corp. business unit. Grupo Werthein has agreed to acquire 100% of the equity in Vrio.
News categories: AT&T, Grupo Werthein, Vrio Corp, Lori Lee, Dario Werthein, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
SKY Brasil deploys Technicolor Android TV STBs with Google Assistant far-field voice
Jul 14, 2021 – Technicolor and SKY Brasil have announced the deployment of SKY Connect, a set-top box (STB) that integrates Google Assistant far-field voice technology for entertainment content navigation on the TV.
News categories: Technicolor, SKY Brasil, Brian Jentz, Andre Ribeiro, Android TV, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion