Digital TV News: Seiki
LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
Feb 3, 2023 – LG has announced the availability of the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit on its webOS Hub. There are now 200 partners working on the webOS smart TV platform including Seiki, Eko, Stream System, Konka, Aiwa and Hyundai.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apple, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
Oct 6, 2022 – LG has expanded its smart TV platform business with the recent rolling out of its webOS Hub, delivering more customization options to smart TV makers and more convenience and content to end-users.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Seiki, Westinghouse and Element Electronics introduce Amazon Fire Smart TVs
Jan 3, 2017 – Seiki, Westinghouse Electronics and Element Electronics have announced at CES 2017 a line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition, featuring the Amazon Fire TV experience and support for a voice remote with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: Seiki, Amazon, Element Electronics, Westinghouse, Sung Choi, Marc Whitten, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Seiki first to deliver Freeview Connect to the U.K.
Jan 4, 2015 – Seiki has announced that it will be the first major TV brand to introduce HD TV models in the U.K. featuring the Freeview Connect TV service. Freeview Connect combines Freeview TV with streaming media channels.
News categories: Seiki, Mickey Cho, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
4K/Ultra HD leads TV growth in the U.S.
Nov 6, 2014 – The 4K/UHD format is the driver of growth within the flat panel television category, with U.S. sales reaching $668 million so far this year, now accounting for more than 7 percent of overall revenue according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data