Digital TV News: Seiki
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Seiki, Westinghouse and Element Electronics introduce Amazon Fire Smart TVs
Jan 3, 2017 – Seiki, Westinghouse Electronics and Element Electronics have announced at CES 2017 a line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition, featuring the Amazon Fire TV experience and support for a voice remote with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: Seiki, Amazon, Element Electronics, Westinghouse, Sung Choi, Marc Whitten, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Seiki first to deliver Freeview Connect to the U.K.
Jan 4, 2015 – Seiki has announced that it will be the first major TV brand to introduce HD TV models in the U.K. featuring the Freeview Connect TV service. Freeview Connect combines Freeview TV with streaming media channels.
News categories: Seiki, Mickey Cho, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
4K/Ultra HD leads TV growth in the U.S.
Nov 6, 2014 – The 4K/UHD format is the driver of growth within the flat panel television category, with U.S. sales reaching $668 million so far this year, now accounting for more than 7 percent of overall revenue according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius