Digital TV News: Seiki
LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
Oct 6, 2022 – LG has expanded its smart TV platform business with the recent rolling out of its webOS Hub, delivering more customization options to smart TV makers and more convenience and content to end-users.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Seiki, Westinghouse and Element Electronics introduce Amazon Fire Smart TVs
Jan 3, 2017 – Seiki, Westinghouse Electronics and Element Electronics have announced at CES 2017 a line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition, featuring the Amazon Fire TV experience and support for a voice remote with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: Seiki, Amazon, Element Electronics, Westinghouse, Sung Choi, Marc Whitten, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Seiki first to deliver Freeview Connect to the U.K.
Jan 4, 2015 – Seiki has announced that it will be the first major TV brand to introduce HD TV models in the U.K. featuring the Freeview Connect TV service. Freeview Connect combines Freeview TV with streaming media channels.
News categories: Seiki, Mickey Cho, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
4K/Ultra HD leads TV growth in the U.S.
Nov 6, 2014 – The 4K/UHD format is the driver of growth within the flat panel television category, with U.S. sales reaching $668 million so far this year, now accounting for more than 7 percent of overall revenue according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management