Digital TV News: Space Systems Loral
Hispasat 30W-6 satellite successfully launched
Mar 6, 2018 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its twelfth satellite, Hispasat 30W-6. From its orbital position at 30° West, Hispasat 30W-6 will replace and broaden the capacity of Hispasat 30W-4. It has 40 Ku-band transponders, up to 6 Ka-band beams and 10 C-band transponders.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Satellite, Spain
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Amazonas 5 satellite arrives at Baikonur spaceport
Aug 10, 2017 – The Amazonas 5 satellite has arrived at the ILS launch site in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. It has 24 transponders in the Ku band offering coverage over Central and South America that will provide DTH television services.
News categories: Hispasat, International Launch Services, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
BSAT-4a delivered to Arianespace launch base
Aug 8, 2017 – Space Systems Loral (SSL) has announced that the BSAT-4a satellite has arrived at the European Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, from where it will be launched. The satellite will be used for DTH television service in Japan.
News categories: Space Systems Loral, B-SAT, Paul Estey, Takashi Yabashi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
AsiaSat 9 set for 28 September launch
Jul 31, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is set for launch on 28 September. AsiaSat 9 will replace AsiaSat 4 at 122°E longitude. The new satellite will deliver significantly improved performance and higher efficiency for customers’ services.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
SSL to provide satellite for EUTELSAT 7C
Mar 21, 2016 – Space Systems Loral (SSL) has announced that it has been selected to provide a high power all-electric satellite to Eutelsat. The satellite will provide broadcast services to multiple regions including Africa, the Middle East, and Turkey.
News categories: Space Systems Loral, Eutelsat, John Celli, Rodolphe Belmer, Africa, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
EUTELSAT 65 West A to launch on 9 March
Feb 8, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite arrived in Kourou on 6 February and is on track for launch on 9 March by an Ariane rocket. Lift-off of the 6.5 tonne satellite is scheduled on 9 March.
News categories: Eutelsat, Brazil, Content Distribution, Satellite
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December