Digital TV News: Steve Nylund
TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
Oct 27, 2020 – Red Bee Media and Dotscreen were instrumental in the launch of TV5MONDEplus, the new global video-on-demand platform with free French speaking series, films and documentaries in full HD quality, subtitled in 5 languages.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, TV5MONDEplus, Steve Nylund, Stanislas Leridon, Hélène Zemmour, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
SportsTribal TV streaming service powered by Red Bee Media
Aug 26, 2020 – SportsTribal TV is a free ad-supported streaming service, offering a range of sports-based entertainment channels from around the world. The service is powered by Red Bee Media’s managed OTT platform.
News categories: Red Bee Media, SportsTribal TV, Steve Nylund, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Red Bee and TitanTV extend program guide partnership
Apr 23, 2020 – Red Bee has extended its relationship with TitanTV, continuing the delivery of Content Discovery services. Through the partnership, Red Bee and TitanTV provide linear and VOD guide services for OTA, OTT, and NextGenTV (ATSC3.0).
News categories: Red Bee, TitanTV, Steve Nylund, Heidi Steffen, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
Ericsson and IMDb ink global metadata distribution deal
Sep 4, 2017 – Ericsson has signed a metadata distribution agreement with IMDb. Ericsson will integrate IMDb’s metadata, including ratings and rankings, into its content discovery ecosystem and will become the reseller and integrator of these data sources.
News categories: Ericsson, IMDb, Steve Nylund, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5