Digital TV News: Synaptics
iWedia, Synaptics and OBLO measure user engagement with content and ads
Sep 15, 2023 – iWedia has partnered with Synaptics to create a product, powered by OBLO Cloud technology, that utilizes advanced camera technology to measure user engagement with TV content and ads.
News categories: iWedia, Synaptics, OBLO, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Hisense selects Synaptics processor for AI-enabled always-on voice remote
Sep 9, 2022 – Synaptics (Nasdaq: SYNA) has announced that Hisense has selected Synaptics' DBM10L processor with dedicated neural processing unit (NPU) to implement an AI-enabled always-on voice (AOV) remote control unit (RCU).
News categories: Synaptics, Hisense, Venkat Kodavati, Shay Kamin Braun, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
Jun 28, 2022 – Allegro DVT has announced that Synaptics has selected Allegro DVT's VVC test streams to ensure full compliance of Synaptics’ products with the new emerging VVC video compression standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Synaptics, Nathalie Brault, Craig Stein, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
iWedia integrates with Android 11 on Synaptics reference platform
May 19, 2021 – iWedia has integrated Android 11 with the latest Synaptics VS640 SoC. The joint offering combines a reference platform for Google and Netflix from Synaptics, with software components and integration services from iWedia.
News categories: iWedia, Synaptics, Sunghoon Kim, Siddarth Chandrasekar, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
May 4, 2021 – Apps processors from MediaTek were used in nearly 50% of the 151 million smart speakers and smart displays sold in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. MediaTek increased its share by six percentage points in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Synaptics announces video SoCs with built-in secure AI framework
Jan 6, 2020 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart VS600 family of multimedia SoCs designed with human perceptive intelligence for smart displays, smart cameras, video soundbars, set-top-boxes, voice-enabled devices and computer vision IoT products.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Blake Kozak, CES2024, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
Nov 18, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that the new Swisscom Entertainment OS 4 STB is built on its far-field voice (FFV) IPTV reference design. The design integrates Synaptics' multimedia processor with FFV and a custom wake word to support Swisscom’s assistant.
News categories: Synaptics, Swisscom, Saleel Awsare, Peter Fregelius, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
Nov 13, 2019 – At the Android TV Bangkok Summit, INNOPIA officially announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV DVB-C Hybrid STB platform (IMT-M6900) based on its own DVB stack with Synaptics SoC and NAGRA Connect and Protect security clients.
News categories: INNOPIA, Synaptics, NAGRA, Netflix, HeeWon Park, Saleel Awsare, Maurice van Riek, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024