Digital TV News: Tom Choi
TSTV to launch DTH TV on ABS-3A at 3°W in Nigeria
Jun 28, 2017 – ABS and Telcom Satellites TV (TSTV) have signed a multi-transponder agreement to deliver a Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcast service into Nigeria on ABS-3A. The new platform is scheduled to be launched on 25th July 2017.
News categories: ABS, TSTV, Tom Choi, Bright Echefu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
ABS and SOLAR to launch FTA DTH service in the Philippines
May 22, 2017 – ABS and the SOLAR Group have formed a joint venture to launch the first nationwide Free-to-View Direct-to-Home (DTH) television service in the Philippines. The service will be available on C-band via ABS-6.
News categories: Asia Broadcast Satellite, SOLAR Group, Tom Choi, Wilson Y. Tieng, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
Mongolia to launch free DTH TV on ABS-2A
Apr 19, 2017 – ABS has announced that 12 transponders on ABS-2A will be co-branded as Mongolsat-1, dedicated to the Mongolia market. The capacity will be used to launch a free nationwide digital TV service, telecommunications and broadband services.
News categories: ABS, Tom Choi, Digital TV, Mongolia, Satellite
ABS-2A satellite enters service
Jan 23, 2017 – Boeing [NYSE: BA] has announced that ABS-2A, a satellite built for ABS, has entered into commercial operation providing services, including DTH TV, to customers in Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, South Asia and South East Asia.
News categories: Boeing, ABS, Mark Spiwak, Tom Choi, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Russia, Satellite
ABS and Nepal Digital Cable to launch DTH on ABS-2
Dec 23, 2016 – ABS and Nepal Digital Cable (NDC) have signed a multi-transponder agreement to deliver DTH broadcast service to Nepal. The platform will broadcast over 170 TV channels of local and international content.
News categories: Asia Broadcast Satellite, Nepal Digital Cable, Tom Choi, Laxmi Prasad Paudyal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
ABS and Sarana Media Vision to launch FreeViewSat DTH in Indonesia
Nov 8, 2016 – ABS has announced that it will partner with PT Sarana Media Vision (SMV), using SMV’s DTH license to launch a consumer FreeView satellite service – FreeViewSat – across Indonesia in January 2017.
News categories: ABS, FreeViewSat, Tom Choi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SkyVision launches satellite TV platforms for Africa
Nov 26, 2015 – SkyVision Global Networks has announced a partnership with satellite operator, ABS, to launch two video platforms on ABS-3A. These will provide DVB-S and DVB-S2 content, including HD, across Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: SkyVision, Asia Broadcast Satellite, Ori Waterman, Tom Choi, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SpaceX Signs Launch Agreements with Asia Broadcast Satellite and Satmex
Mar 13, 2012 – Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) has signed contracts with Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS) and Satélites Mexicanos (Satmex) for two launches aboard SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket.
News categories: SpaceX, Asia Broadcast Satellite, Satmex, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes