Digital TV News: Viacom18
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
Feb 12, 2019 – Amagi has announced that Tastemade has added another distribution partner for its linear channel and VOD content offering – now on Comcast, YouTube TV, Philo TV, Sony's PlayStation Vue, and T-Mobile, all powered by Amagi.
News categories: Amagi, Tastemade, Deepakjit Singh, Jeremy Strauss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Kaltura powers Cloud TV service, VOOT by Viacom18
Sep 17, 2018 – Kaltura has announced that Viacom18’s VOOT Cloud TV service is using Kaltura to support explosive growth, with more than 37 million active users across mobile, web and smart TVs accessing over 50,000 hours of content and 100 million app downloads.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Dr. Shay David, Mohit Srivastava, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Viacom18 adds ThinkAnalytics personalized multi-language recommendations to VOOT
Sep 11, 2018 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Viacom18 in India has gone live with ThinkAnalytics on the ad-funded OTT service VOOT. VOOT’s users now have personalized recommendations on the home screen, making it quicker and easier to find content they want to watch.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Viacom18, Peter Docherty, Mohit Srivastava, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, India, Streaming, UX
Ooyala provides ad delivery for Voot OTT
May 31, 2016 – Ooyala is now the ad delivery provider for Voot, a new over-the-top (OTT) service from Viacom18. A joint venture between Viacom and the Network18 Group, Viacom18 is one of the fastest growing entertainment networks in India.
News categories: Ooyala, Viacom18, Keith Budge, Gaurav Gandhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Kaltura powers Viacom18's VOOT VoD service
Apr 6, 2016 – Kaltura has announced that it is powering Viacom18’s newly launched digital VOD service VOOT. The ad-supported video streaming service had launched, last week, with close to 17,000 hours of domestic and international content.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Ron Yekutiel, Gaurav Gandhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner