Digital TV News: ViacomCBS
Vivendi releases results for FY 2021
Mar 9, 2022 – Vivendi has released audited results for the year to December 31, 2021. At the end of 2021, Canal+ Group's total subscriber portfolio reached 23.7 million, compared to 22.1 million at the end of December 2020 on a pro forma basis.
News categories: Vivendi, Digital TV, France, Results, Worldwide
VideoAmp cross-platform measurement adds Comcast data
Feb 24, 2022 – VideoAmp will incorporate aggregated viewership data from Comcast's footprint into its measurement, bringing more stability and reliability to its local, national and cross-platform audience ratings and impression measurement.
News categories: VideoAmp, Comcast Advertising, Ross McCray, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS renames, and unveils international expansion plan for Paramount+
Feb 15, 2022 – ViacomCBS has announced that it will become Paramount Global effective February 16. The company will continue the global expansion of Paramount+ in 2022, with Paramount+ making its debut in France as a bundle through the CANAL+ Group.
News categories: Paramount, Shari Redstone, Bob Bakish, Tanya Giles, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
SkyShowtime cleared for launch in European markets in 2022
Feb 2, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) have announced that SkyShowtime has received full regulatory approval and plans to launch in more than 20 European markets starting later this year.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Europe, Regulation, Streaming
ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
Jan 13, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced that ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) has launched FAVE and migrated its DABL and select SHOWTIME linear channels from satellite to CDN IP distribution using its DigiCipher Streaming system.
News categories: CommScope, ViacomCBS, Ric Johnsen, Hardys Eggum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Discovery makes investment in OpenAP
Jan 10, 2022 – OpenAP and Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have announced that Discovery will become a minority owner of OpenAP, the advanced advertising company bringing scale to audience-based campaigns in television.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., OpenAP, Jim Keller, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Channel 5 joins Digital UK
Dec 20, 2021 – Channel 5 has joined Digital UK, alongside BBC, ITV and Channel 4. The four public service broadcasters have entered into a new Digital UK members' agreement, marking the first time that the venture has been wholly owned by all four PSBs.
News categories: Digital UK, ViacomCBS, Channel 5, Caroline Thomson, Sarah Rose, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
Parks Associates announces 2021's Top 10 US subscription OTT video services
Dec 17, 2021 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US paid subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2021 from the firm's OTT Video Market Tracker.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
ViacomCBS and CJ ENM announce global partnership
Dec 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and CJ ENM have made a deal to bring entertainment to audiences worldwide that includes co-production of original series and films, content licensing, and distribution across ViacomCBS' and CJ ENM's streaming services.
News categories: ViacomCBS, CJ ENM, Dan Cohen, Kang Ho-Sung, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework