Digital TV News: ViacomCBS
ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
Jan 13, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced that ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) has launched FAVE and migrated its DABL and select SHOWTIME linear channels from satellite to CDN IP distribution using its DigiCipher Streaming system.
News categories: CommScope, ViacomCBS, Ric Johnsen, Hardys Eggum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Discovery makes investment in OpenAP
Jan 10, 2022 – OpenAP and Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have announced that Discovery will become a minority owner of OpenAP, the advanced advertising company bringing scale to audience-based campaigns in television.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., OpenAP, Jim Keller, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Channel 5 joins Digital UK
Dec 20, 2021 – Channel 5 has joined Digital UK, alongside BBC, ITV and Channel 4. The four public service broadcasters have entered into a new Digital UK members' agreement, marking the first time that the venture has been wholly owned by all four PSBs.
News categories: Digital UK, ViacomCBS, Channel 5, Caroline Thomson, Sarah Rose, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
Parks Associates announces 2021's Top 10 US subscription OTT video services
Dec 17, 2021 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US paid subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2021 from the firm's OTT Video Market Tracker.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
ViacomCBS and CJ ENM announce global partnership
Dec 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and CJ ENM have made a deal to bring entertainment to audiences worldwide that includes co-production of original series and films, content licensing, and distribution across ViacomCBS' and CJ ENM's streaming services.
News categories: ViacomCBS, CJ ENM, Dan Cohen, Kang Ho-Sung, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
ViacomCBS adds 4.3M streaming subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 4, 2021 – ViacomCBS has reported results for Q3 2021. In the quarter, global streaming subscribers rose to nearly 47 million, with 4.3 million subscribers added in the quarter. Pluto TV revenue grew 99% year-over-year.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
Oct 21, 2021 – The Foxtel Group has announced agreements with ViacomCBS to provide movies, TV series and channels, along with integration of the Paramount+ and 10 Play apps onto Foxtel STBs in 2022 for Australia.
News categories: Foxtel, ViacomCBS, Patrick Delany, Amanda Laing, Dan Cohen, Jarrod Villani, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
Oct 18, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have made a deal for the continued distribution of ViacomCBS' broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks to Altice's Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Altice USA, Ray Hopkins, Yossi Benchetrit, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers