Digital TV News: ViacomCBS
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
May 7, 2021 – Blockgraph is to work with The Trade Desk to facilitate first-party Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting in TV advertising. The integration will enable advertisers to run multi-platform TV campaigns that put privacy first.
News categories: Blockgraph, The Trade Desk, Jason Manningham, Michelle Hulst, Rob Klippel, James Rooke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
May 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand has announced that its streaming service, Paramount+, will launch in Australia on August 11, 2021. Priced at $8.99 per month, subscribers will have access to more than 20,000 episodes and movies.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
ViacomCBS renews TV measurement deal with Comscore
Apr 27, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced an expanded renewal agreement to provide ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) with Comscore’s National TV measurement currency for its portfolio of news, entertainment and sports networks.
News categories: Comscore, ViacomCBS, Carol Hinnant, John Halley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
Apr 12, 2021 – Freeview Australia has launched its free enhanced HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) service, providing Australians with a more seamless integration between broadcast and on-demand BVOD services.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Helen Clifton, Bridget Fair, David Anderson, James Taylor, James Warburton, Mike Sneesby, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
Jan 19, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has announced launch dates for Paramount+. The rollout starts on March 4, 2021 in the U.S. and Latin America. CBS All Access in Canada will be rebranded to Paramount+ on the same date.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics