Digital TV News: Victoriya Boklag
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MnA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Total TV preparing migration to MPEG4 and DVB-S2
Feb 9, 2015 – United Group and Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) have announced the long-term extension of agreements for capacity on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite that supports United's Total TV pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, United Group, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Victoriya Boklag, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020