Digital TV News: Victoriya Boklag
United Group to acquire Wind Hellas
Aug 16, 2021 – United Group has reached an agreement with Crystal Almond Holdings to acquire Wind Hellas. Wind has a total of 4.2 million users in Greece and offers mobile, fixed, internet, and television services.
News categories: United Group, Wind Hellas, Nikos Stathopoulos, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, MandA
Forthnet becomes part of United Group
Nov 24, 2020 – Forthnet has become part of United Group. United Group’s entry into the Greek market is part of its European growth strategy and further cements its position as an industry leader, operating in eight countries across the region.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Total TV preparing migration to MPEG4 and DVB-S2
Feb 9, 2015 – United Group and Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) have announced the long-term extension of agreements for capacity on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite that supports United's Total TV pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, United Group, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Victoriya Boklag, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform