Digital TV News: Victoriya Boklag
Forthnet becomes part of United Group
Nov 24, 2020 – Forthnet has become part of United Group. United Group’s entry into the Greek market is part of its European growth strategy and further cements its position as an industry leader, operating in eight countries across the region.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Total TV preparing migration to MPEG4 and DVB-S2
Feb 9, 2015 – United Group and Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) have announced the long-term extension of agreements for capacity on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite that supports United's Total TV pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, United Group, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Victoriya Boklag, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting