Digital TV News: Victoriya Boklag
Forthnet becomes part of United Group
Nov 24, 2020 – Forthnet has become part of United Group. United Group’s entry into the Greek market is part of its European growth strategy and further cements its position as an industry leader, operating in eight countries across the region.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
NAGRA secures United Group’s 4K Android TV platform
Dec 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing EON, the latest video service launched by United Group, in four markets: Serbia (SBB), Slovenia (Telemach), Bosnia and Herzegovina (Telemach), and Montenegro (Telemach).
News categories: NAGRA, United Group, Thierry Legrand, Victoriya Boklag, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Total TV preparing migration to MPEG4 and DVB-S2
Feb 9, 2015 – United Group and Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) have announced the long-term extension of agreements for capacity on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite that supports United's Total TV pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, United Group, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Victoriya Boklag, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020