Digital TV News: Vincent Grivet
HbbTV publishes Phase 2 Application Discovery over Broadband spec.
Sep 9, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced the publication of the HbbTV specification for phase 2 of application discovery over broadband (ADB). ADB enables consumers to access HbbTV services on their TV sets, even when not supported by their set-top box.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite version 2019-2
Aug 28, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Testing Group has published a new version of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite. The 2019-2 version includes new tests for the HbbTV 2.0.2 specification and Operator Applications.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
May 16, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies (ARRIS, Irdeto, DATV, Enensys, Fluendo, Samba TV and SmarDTV) have joined the industry association in the past six months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
HbbTV releases Version 2019-1 of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite
Apr 8, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of a new HbbTV Conformance Test Suite. Version v2019-1 is the first one to cover the UHD (Ultra HD) and NGA (Next Generation Audio) features included in the latest version of the specification (HbbTV 2.0.2).
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
Mar 20, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has welcomed Panasonic's deployment of the HbbTV OpApp. The OpApp enables users to access the TV service of HD+ on any 2019 Panasonic OLED UHD smart TV sold in Germany, without the need for any additional hardware or smartcard.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Panasonic, HD+, Vincent Grivet, Kai Hillebrandt, Alexander Sacher, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
Nov 12, 2018 – DVB has collaborated with the HbbTV Association to create a DASH validation tool. The tool checks ISO/IEC 23009-1 MPEG-DASH media presentation descriptions (MPDs) and segments to ensure conformance with DASH-related specifications from DVB and HbbTV.
News categories: DVB Project, HbbTV Association, Peter MacAvock, Vincent Grivet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
Oct 16, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies have joined the industry association in the past 12 months. The new members include Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton and Skyworth, taking the membership total to 70 companies.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV releases version 2018-2 of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite
Jul 23, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that a new version of the HbbTV conformance test suite has been published. The release is called v2018-2 and includes 75 new approved tests and 107 repaired and re-approved tests.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware