Digital TV News: Vivek Khemka
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
DISH debuts voice remote control
Jul 14, 2016 – DISH has launched its Voice Remote, featuring voice recognition, a clickable touchpad and backlighting. The remote controls navigation, search and content selection on Hopper 3 and 4K Joey set-top boxes.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DISH HopperGO lets customers take DVR on the road
May 26, 2016 – DISH's HopperGO has debuted to customers in the U.S. for $99. The 64 GB, rechargeable battery-powered device gives customers the ability to securely transfer up to 100 hours of recorded TV shows and movies from a Hopper 3 or Hopper 2 DVR for on-the-go, offline viewing.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
DISH Hopper 3 DVR adds Netflix in Ultra HD 4K
Apr 8, 2016 – DISH customers can now stream the Netflix catalogue of Ultra HD TV shows and movies from a Hopper 3 DVR. The Netflix titles join DISH's inventory of Ultra HD content that includes a slate of 4K programming from Sony, The Orchard and Mance Media.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DISH makes Hopper 3 available across the USA
Feb 1, 2016 – DISH Network has announced the availability of its Hopper 3 to customers across the USA. The third-generation of DISH’s whole-home DVR system, Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, delivers an enhanced 4K experience and supports up to seven TVs simultaneously.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH unveils Hopper 3 and HopperGO
Jan 5, 2016 – DISH Network has unveiled Hopper 3 and HopperGO. Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, 4K content options and integration of Netflix into its search results. The HopperGO wireless flash drive stores up to 100 hours of recorded content for offline viewing on smartphones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Rovi to power DISH's voice-based TV interface
Apr 15, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) plans to integrate Rovi’s voice technology into its DISH Explorer second-screen app for iPad, Hopper Voice remote, and DISH Anywhere app for on-the-go viewing from mobile devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, DISH Network, Daren Gill, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
DISH first with whole-home Netflix experience
Apr 14, 2015 – In an industry first, DISH has enhanced its whole-home entertainment offerings with the expansion of Netflix to its Joey clients. At the same time it has added the Vevo music video service to its Hopper HD DVR platform.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
DISH Network to launch 4K Ultra HD set-top box
Jan 5, 2015 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that it will be the first U.S. pay-TV provider to launch a 4K 'Ultra HD' set-top box. Named the 4K Joey, the unit is designed to integrate with DISH's Hopper Whole Home HD DVR system.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, CES2021, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria