Digital TV News: Vivek Khemka
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
DISH debuts voice remote control
Jul 14, 2016 – DISH has launched its Voice Remote, featuring voice recognition, a clickable touchpad and backlighting. The remote controls navigation, search and content selection on Hopper 3 and 4K Joey set-top boxes.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DISH HopperGO lets customers take DVR on the road
May 26, 2016 – DISH's HopperGO has debuted to customers in the U.S. for $99. The 64 GB, rechargeable battery-powered device gives customers the ability to securely transfer up to 100 hours of recorded TV shows and movies from a Hopper 3 or Hopper 2 DVR for on-the-go, offline viewing.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
DISH Hopper 3 DVR adds Netflix in Ultra HD 4K
Apr 8, 2016 – DISH customers can now stream the Netflix catalogue of Ultra HD TV shows and movies from a Hopper 3 DVR. The Netflix titles join DISH's inventory of Ultra HD content that includes a slate of 4K programming from Sony, The Orchard and Mance Media.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DISH makes Hopper 3 available across the USA
Feb 1, 2016 – DISH Network has announced the availability of its Hopper 3 to customers across the USA. The third-generation of DISH’s whole-home DVR system, Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, delivers an enhanced 4K experience and supports up to seven TVs simultaneously.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH unveils Hopper 3 and HopperGO
Jan 5, 2016 – DISH Network has unveiled Hopper 3 and HopperGO. Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, 4K content options and integration of Netflix into its search results. The HopperGO wireless flash drive stores up to 100 hours of recorded content for offline viewing on smartphones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Rovi to power DISH's voice-based TV interface
Apr 15, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) plans to integrate Rovi’s voice technology into its DISH Explorer second-screen app for iPad, Hopper Voice remote, and DISH Anywhere app for on-the-go viewing from mobile devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, DISH Network, Daren Gill, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
DISH first with whole-home Netflix experience
Apr 14, 2015 – In an industry first, DISH has enhanced its whole-home entertainment offerings with the expansion of Netflix to its Joey clients. At the same time it has added the Vevo music video service to its Hopper HD DVR platform.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
DISH Network to launch 4K Ultra HD set-top box
Jan 5, 2015 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that it will be the first U.S. pay-TV provider to launch a 4K 'Ultra HD' set-top box. Named the 4K Joey, the unit is designed to integrate with DISH's Hopper Whole Home HD DVR system.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, CES2022, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics