Digital TV News: Warner Bros. Discovery
Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
Jan 31, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Warner Bros. Discovery have inked a deal to bring Warner Bros. branded FAST channels to The Roku Channel. The channels will arrive on The Roku Channel in spring 2023.
News categories: Roku, Warner Bros. Discovery, Rob Holmes, David Decker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
Jan 25, 2023 – MTV and Sanoma Media have signed a contract with dataBreeders to bring advertising measurement and currency to market, unifying campaign measurement across all broadcast platforms in Finland.
News categories: Screenforce, dataBreeders, Pure X Media, Anna Lujanen, Andrea Mezzasalma, Advertising, Digital TV, Finland
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
discovery+ now available at no extra charge to Sky TV subscribers
Jan 16, 2023 – Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream customers can now sign up for discovery+ as part of their monthly Sky TV subscription. The discovery+ app is easy to find via the Apps rail on Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q.
News categories: Sky, Warner Bros. Discovery, Elizabeth Wynn, Antonio Ruiz, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
U.S. programmers cooperate on measurement and viewership data through OpenAP
Jan 9, 2023 – OpenAP, with Fox, NBCUniversal, Paramount, TelevisaUnivision, and Warner Bros. Discovery and the VAB, are working together to develop a measurement certification process and a unified streaming viewership dataset.
News categories: OpenAP, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VideoAmp and Warner Bros. Discovery agree audience measurement deal
Jan 3, 2023 – VideoAmp has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Discovery to measure cross-screen campaigns across the global media and entertainment company's portfolio of sports, news, lifestyle, and premium entertainment brands.
News categories: VideoAmp, Warner Bros. Discovery, Ross McCray, Andrea Zapata, Ralph Pardo, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
Dec 1, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery and DIRECTV have announced that discovery+ is now available to DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM customers, giving customers access to the full 70,000+ episode library of discovery+ content.
News categories: DIRECTV, Warner Bros. Discovery, Rob Thun, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023