Digital TV News: Warner Bros. Discovery
Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
Jul 1, 2022 – Redge Technologies has extended its contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery for the licensing of the Redge Media SDP platform and the provision of Redge Media VDP services. Player.pl has been operating on the Redge Media platform since 2017.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Player.pl, Przemysław Frasunek, Maciej Gozdowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
Jun 16, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery has partnered with LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) to bring clients targeted addressable marketing across Eurosport’s online platforms, using LiveRamp’s Authenticated Traffic Solution (ATS).
News categories: Liveramp, Warner Bros. Discovery, Travis Clinger, Luke Whalley, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
AT&T to spin off interest in WarnerMedia to its shareholders
Feb 1, 2022 – AT&T (NYSE: T) will spin off its interest in WarnerMedia to AT&T's existing shareholders. The transaction, followed by the merger of WarnerMedia with Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), is expected to close in 2Q 2022.
News categories: AT&T, WarnerMedia, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th