Digital TV News: WiSA
TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
Jan 11, 2022 – WiSA (Nasdaq: WISA) has announced the integration of its immersive sound module into TCL's X925 Pro 8K Mini-LED Starlight Smart Screen. The module enables users to connect the X925 Pro to external speakers without the hassle of speaker wires.
News categories: WiSA, TCL, Tony Ostrom, Ellen Wang, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Hisense Smart TVs certified WiSA Ready
Mar 18, 2021 – WiSA (NASDAQ: WISA) has announced that Hisense's premier 2021 TV models have been certified WiSA Ready. This allows for connection to WiSA-compliant USB transmitters and speakers for home cinema.
News categories: WiSA, Hisense, Tony Ostrom, David Gold, Smart TV, USA
Kiwisat's Caribbean DTH to transmit on SES-10
Apr 5, 2018 – Satellite TV provider Kiwisat is launching a DTH TV offering in the Caribbean using SES’s satellite SES-10. The service is mainly aimed at English-speaking islands, but also includes three French-speaking channels for French subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, Kiwisat, Jurandir Pitsch, Andrew Wang, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Inside Secure protecting pay TV at Kiwisat in the Caribbean
Mar 26, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that Kiwisat, a provider of satellite HDTV content in the Caribbean, is going into production using Inside Secure to protect Kiwisat content from video pirates.
News categories: Inside Secure, Kiwisat, Simon Blake-Wilson, Andrew Wang, Caribbean, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Jungo and Wisair Announce End-to-End Wireless USB Solution for Linux-Based and Embedded Platforms Used in Set-Top Boxes, TVs, DVRs, Smart Phones
Jan 5, 2009 – Jungo (NASDAQ: NNDS) and Wisair have announced the availability of an end-to-end Wireless USB solution for Linux-based and embedded operating systems used in CE devices, enabling OEMs to embed Wireless USB into non-Windows™ devices.
News categories: Jungo, Wisair, CES2022, DVR, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Software
WiMedia Alliance Certifies First Ultra-Wideband Products
Oct 8, 2007 – The WiMedia™ Alliance has announced the first silicon products certified on its Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Common Radio Platform.
News categories: WiMedia Alliance, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers