Digital TV News: Xperi
New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
May 26, 2023 – New DIRECTV STREAM customers who sign-up for the service can receive priority access to the waiting list for a Telly 55” 4K dual-screen TV due to launch later this summer.
News categories: Telly, DIRECTV, Ilya Pozin, Vikash Sharma, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
May 23, 2023 – Insys Video Technologies and Bitmovin have partnered on a solution to stream live content and secure videos with Cloud DRM, by integrating Insys' Cloud Video Kit with the Bitmovin Player.
News categories: Insys Video, Bitmovin, Piotr Czekała, David Rushton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
May 24, 2023 – beIN MEDIA and Google Cloud are to explore the use of Google Cloud data analytics and machine learning to deliver more personalized and relevant experiences across beIN's services.
News categories: BeIN Media, Google Cloud, Israel Esteban, Anthony Cirot, Ghassan Kosta, Big Data, Digital TV, Qatar, UX
Netgem releases trading update
May 25, 2023 – Netgem has released a trading update. The total number of subscribers to the Group's services amounted to 609,000 at the end of April 2023, a growth rate of more than 30% over 12 months.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
May 24, 2023 – According to GlobalData, pay-TV revenue in South Korea is set to grow at a CAGR of 0.2% from $5.55bn in 2022 to $5.6bn in 2027, primarily supported by increasing IPTV subscriptions.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
May 24, 2023 – CHiQ has announced the launch of its latest Google TV series in Europe. The series comes with Google system technology, intelligent AI applications, and a frameless metal style.
News categories: CHiQ, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
May 23, 2023 – Imagination Technologies is bringing seamless visual experiences to consumer devices with the new IMG CXM GPU range which includes the smallest GPU to support HDR user interfaces natively.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, James Chapman, Dr. Charlie Su, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
May 24, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced that BMW has selected TiVo's video media platform to provide customers with access to video content, including linear and on demand streaming services.
News categories: Xperi, BMW, Jon Kirchner, Ingo Lasslop, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
May 24, 2023 – Chopin Cable Television has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its new streaming proposition. Chopin will also wholesale the service to other mid-sized operators across Poland.
News categories: NAGRA, Chopin, Olivier Met, Bogdan Laga, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, UX
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV