Digital TV News: ZTE
ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
Dec 5, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that it has assisted América Móvil in the migration of Claro TV set-tops from AOSP to Android TV. The solution has been deployed in multiple countries in Latin America.
News categories: ZTE, América Móvil, Mariano Dizeo, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box
ZTE integrates iWedia's Live TV app for Android TV
Nov 10, 2022 – ZTE and iWedia are collaborating to launch iWedia's Live TV application on ZTE's retail hybrid devices. As the most used application on Android TV devices, Live TV app represents the basis for delivering a premium user experience.
News categories: iWedia, ZTE, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Wuxin, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE launches Android TV stick for operators
Oct 24, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched an Android TV UHD stick for operators at the Broadband World Forum. The portable home media terminal offers access to movies and TV sources on the internet as well as TV applications.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
Sep 16, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), together with Turk Telekom, has deployed the largest IPTV/OTT platform in Turkey. The new platform adopts an integrated video platform architecture.
News categories: ZTE, Turk Telekom, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
ZTE and Amlogic launch 8K STB at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), with Amlogic, has launched its ZTE 8K STB at IBC 2022. The 8K STB, connected to a big screen, can present an immersive 4K UI with enhanced ultra HD video quality, providing audience with an ultimate audiovisual experience.
News categories: ZTE, Amlogic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NextGen TV launches in West Palm Beach
Mar 8, 2022 – Television stations in West Palm Beach have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV, powered by ATSC 3.0. The launch includes WPBF, WPEC, WFLX, WPTV-TV and WWHB-CD. BitPath led the planning process and coordinated efforts across the five stations.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ZTE debuted RDK and Common Broadcast Stack STBs at IBC 2021
Dec 7, 2021 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) launched two set-top boxes (STBs), its 4K IP STB ZXV10 B870V2J supporting Reference Design Kit (RDK) and its DVB hybrid STB ZXV10 B836CTSI-A20 supporting Common Broadcast Stack, at IBC 2021 held online.
News categories: ZTE Corp, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Estrella Media inventory added to Xandr ad sales platform
Oct 5, 2021 – Xandr and Estrella Media have announced that Estrella Media's ad-supported digital inventory is now available to buyers in the Xandr Marketplace. Estrella Media has adopted Xandr's strategic selling platform Xandr Monetize.
News categories: Xandr, Estrella Media, Mike Bagliebter, Brian Fisher, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ICARO and TV Azteca announce AZTECA NOW
Aug 10, 2021 – ICARO Media Group, in partnership with TV Azteca, has officially launched the AZTECA NOW premium video app for smartphones and tablets, available across iOS and Android stores worldwide.
News categories: ICARO Media Group, TV Azteca, Paul Feller, Patricia Jasin, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines