Digital TV News: ZTE
Estrella Media inventory added to Xandr ad sales platform
Oct 5, 2021 – Xandr and Estrella Media have announced that Estrella Media's ad-supported digital inventory is now available to buyers in the Xandr Marketplace. Estrella Media has adopted Xandr's strategic selling platform Xandr Monetize.
News categories: Xandr, Estrella Media, Mike Bagliebter, Brian Fisher, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ICARO and TV Azteca announce AZTECA NOW
Aug 10, 2021 – ICARO Media Group, in partnership with TV Azteca, has officially launched the AZTECA NOW premium video app for smartphones and tablets, available across iOS and Android stores worldwide.
News categories: ICARO Media Group, TV Azteca, Paul Feller, Patricia Jasin, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
Jun 10, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Megacable is using Broadpeak's CDN and multicast ABR to optimize the delivery of its Xview+ streaming service, including live, VOD, time-shift TV, catch-up and premium TV.
News categories: Broadpeak, Megacable, Jacques Le Mancq, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, QoE, Set Top Box
Nokia trials video over 5G with TV Azteca in Mexico
Mar 23, 2021 – Nokia has completed a trial with TV Azteca in Mexico of video transmission, using 5G standalone and edge computing. The trial explored latency reduction, as well as identifying improvements in efficiency, flexibility and cost.
News categories: Nokia, TV Azteca, Marcelo Entreconti, Pedro Manuel Carmona Ortiz, 5G, Digital TV, Mexico
Locast brings free local TV streaming service to Portland, Oregon
Mar 17, 2021 – Locast is now delivering 39 local TV channels via the internet – for free – to residents living in the Portland market as well as the Washington cities of Vancouver, Longview, and Kelso. Portland is the 31st Locast market.
News categories: Locast, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
Mar 4, 2021 – Megacable is expanding the delivery of its Xview+ OTT service to Android TV set-top boxes using Viaccess-Orca's TV Platform. Xview+ brings together content in one place, creating a unified experience for subscribers.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Megacable, Philippe Leonetti, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Streaming
Altimedia middleware to power Turk Telecom IPTV upgrade
Feb 4, 2021 – Altimedia has been selected as set-top box (STB) software platform provider and TV application developer for Turk Telecom's new IPTV platform. Built on ZTE technology, the rollout involves upgrading of one million legacy STBs.
News categories: Altimedia, Turk Telecom, Brian Koo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Turkey
Beltelecom adds new features to ZALA IPTV platform
Jan 22, 2021 – Beltelecom has upgraded its ZALA IPTV platform, adding access to online cinemas, YouTube and storage platforms as well as interaction with social networks, video cameras and payment services.
News categories: Beltelecom, ZTE, Sergey Turomsha, Vadim Shaibakov, Belarus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform