Digital TV News: iQIYI
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 1.6 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 491 million between 2021 and 2026 to reach 1.64 billion. China and the US will then together account for 49% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Nearly 700 million SVOD subscribers for Asia Pacific in 2026
Sep 9, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific region will have 698 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 502 million at end-2021. China will be providing 354 million of the subscriptions in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
YouTube, Line TV and Yahoo TV lead online video consumption in Taiwan
Aug 30, 2021 – Streaming minutes in Taiwan measured across AVOD, SVOD and live streaming platforms increased to ~53 billion in Q2 2021, representing a ~2.3 billion net quarterly growth in minutes, according to Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Adrian Tong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Taiwan
CSG powers TV experiences at Maxis in Malaysia
Jun 30, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has expanded its relationship with Maxis. CSG enabled the launch of Maxis TV 2.0, and is poised to help drive future growth of Maxis' services through the launch of new experiences.
News categories: CSG, Maxis, Ian Watterson, Gokhan Ogut, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming, UX
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Cinemo and iQIYI bring online video entertainment to cars
Mar 29, 2021 – Cinemo has announced a collaboration with iQIYI to deliver premium VOD content to the car. iQIYI has worked with Cinemo to enhance in-car entertainment on Faurecia Xiamen IVI platforms, powering FAW Hongqi sedans.
News categories: Cinemo, iQIYI, Charly Lippoth, China, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming
Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
Mar 1, 2021 – Korean, US and local content form the core of online video content consumption across Southeast Asia, according to Media Partners Asia. Korean content demand is strongest in Singapore and Indonesia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope