Digital TV News: iQIYI
Rising prices putting downward pressure on AR/VR headset shipments
Dec 20, 2022 – As a result of a tough economic environment and rising prices, IDC now expects global shipments for AR and VR headsets to decline by 12.8% in 2022, dropping to 9.7 million units.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
Jul 4, 2022 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has implemented Unified ID 2.0 on its international service. The new identifier works in most omnichannel environments, including OTT and CTV.
News categories: The Trade Desk, iQIYI, Doug Choy, Frankie Fu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Asia Pacific OTT revenues to climb by $20 billion
Mar 24, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific OTT TV revenues will reach $52bn in 2027, up 62% from the $32bn recorded in 2021. Of the additional revenues, China will add $3bn, India $3bn, South Korea $3bn and Japan $5bn.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Australia, China, Digital TV, India, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
AR/VR headset shipments grew dramatically in 2021
Mar 21, 2022 – The worldwide market for augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) headsets grew 92.1% year over year in 2021 with shipments reaching 11.2 million units, according to IDC. The holiday quarter was a major driver for the industry.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 550 million between 2021 and 2027
Feb 22, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 550 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.75 billion. China and the US will together account for 48% of the world’s total by 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029