Digital TV News: iiNet
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
Netflix now in over 1 in 10 Australian homes
Oct 15, 2015 – The number of Australian homes with a Netflix subscription rose again in September to 968,000 (10.5%), up another 113,000 from 855,000 in August, according to the latest S-VOD data from Roy Morgan Research.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Netflix coming to Fetch TV in Australia
Feb 16, 2015 – Fetch TV will be the first Australian pay-TV provider to integrate the Netflix subscription streaming service, the two companies have announced. The partnership also includes the New Zealand market.
News categories: Fetch TV, Netflix, Scott Lorson, Bill Holmes, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Australia's iiNet announces second generation Fetch TV STB
Feb 25, 2013 – iiNet has unveiled a new Set-Top Box for its renamed iiNet TV with Fetch service. New customers of iiNet TV with Fetch will be the first in Australia to receive the Set-Top Box, featuring a slimline new look, a faster processor and increased memory.
News categories: iiNet, Fetch TV, Australia, IPTV, Set Top Box
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
iiNet Takes Celeno 'Down Under' to Support In-Home Wi-Fi for its IPTV Service
Dec 6, 2011 – Celeno Communications has announced that iiNet, Australia's second largest DSL broadband provider, has selected Celeno-enabled Wi-Fi Ethernet bridges to support wireless delivery of its fast-growing IPTV services.
News categories: Celeno, iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
iiNet invites Australia to go Fetch(TV)
Jul 6, 2010 – iiNet has partnered with FetchTV to launch Australia's first true national IPTV service, giving customers access to the best of digital Free-to-Air and subscription television over their existing broadband connection.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
Australian First: iiNet Gets Set to Play FetchTV
Apr 12, 2010 – Australia's iiNet (ASX: IIN) has announced its partnership with FetchTV, confirming it will be the first ISP to deliver the digital TV service directly to Australian lounge rooms over an iiNet customer's ADSL2+ broadband connection.
News categories: iiNet, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools