Digital TV News: AppNexus
FreeWheel launches Video Marketplace Report for Europe
Jan 30, 2020 – FreeWheel has launched a Video Marketplace Report specifically for Europe. The paper shows a continued upward trend in premium video, driving investment in 'growth platforms' such as connected TV and mobile.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Xandr introduces selling platform for premium TV and digital media companies
Sep 5, 2019 – Xandr has announced the launch of Xandr Monetize. The platform offers content owners improved monetization, through better inventory management, data-driven yield optimization, and differentiated buyer demand.
News categories: Xandr, Ryan Christensen, Carsten Schwecke, Amit Chaturvedi, Kya Sainsbury-Carter, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Lotame launches Lotame TV connected TV product suite
Aug 5, 2019 – Lotame has launched its connected TV product suite: Lotame TV. Lotame TV enables advertisers to connect, build, target, activate, and analyze TV viewership audiences for cross-screen digital campaigns through DSP partners such as AppNexus, Verizon Media, Google DBM, The Trade Desk, Adobe, and Amobee.
News categories: Lotame, Tricia Masturzo, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Portugal's SAPO adopts AppNexus ad technology
Jun 3, 2019 – AppNexus and SAPO (Altice Portugal group) have announced that SAPO will adopt AppNexus’ full suite of products supporting the buying and selling of digital advertising, including the AppNexus Publisher Ad Server, the Supply Side Platform (SSP) and the Demand-Side Platform (DSP).
News categories: AppNexus, SAPO, Remi Boudard, Filipa Martins, Advertising, Portugal
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Ad-Tech market still highly fragmented despite intense M&A activity
Sep 18, 2018 – In spite of ongoing intense mergers and acquisitions activity, the advertising software market is still highly fragmented. According to IDC, the top 15 vendors represented less than 40% of the overall market in 2017.
News categories: IDC, Karsten Weide, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Rise of mobile drives advertisers to invest $30bn in online video despite ongoing risks
Aug 24, 2018 – According to WARC, advertisers are expected to spend a combined $30bn on online video advertising this year, most of which will be paid to social media platforms despite the continuing risks of negative adjacency and ad fraud.
News categories: WARC, James McDonald, Advertising, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
AT&T US up 80k; DTVLA up 140k video subs in 2Q 2018
Jul 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 80,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW and U-Verse subscriber growth offset satellite declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, subscribers were up 140,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AppNexus grows connected TV marketplace 748% year-over-year
Jul 12, 2018 – AppNexus has announced advertiser spend in its connected TV marketplace grew 748% percent year-over-year in the second quarter of 2018 versus the second quarter of 2017, and grew 69% percent quarter-over-quarter in the second quarter of 2018 versus the first quarter of this year.
News categories: AppNexus, Eric Hoffert, Brian Lam, Tyler Fitch, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats