Digital TV News: AppNexus
Xandr introduces selling platform for premium TV and digital media companies
Sep 5, 2019 – Xandr has announced the launch of Xandr Monetize. The platform offers content owners improved monetization, through better inventory management, data-driven yield optimization, and differentiated buyer demand.
News categories: Xandr, Ryan Christensen, Carsten Schwecke, Amit Chaturvedi, Kya Sainsbury-Carter, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Lotame launches Lotame TV connected TV product suite
Aug 5, 2019 – Lotame has launched its connected TV product suite: Lotame TV. Lotame TV enables advertisers to connect, build, target, activate, and analyze TV viewership audiences for cross-screen digital campaigns through DSP partners such as AppNexus, Verizon Media, Google DBM, The Trade Desk, Adobe, and Amobee.
News categories: Lotame, Tricia Masturzo, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Portugal's SAPO adopts AppNexus ad technology
Jun 3, 2019 – AppNexus and SAPO (Altice Portugal group) have announced that SAPO will adopt AppNexus’ full suite of products supporting the buying and selling of digital advertising, including the AppNexus Publisher Ad Server, the Supply Side Platform (SSP) and the Demand-Side Platform (DSP).
News categories: AppNexus, SAPO, Remi Boudard, Filipa Martins, Advertising, Portugal
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Ad-Tech market still highly fragmented despite intense M&A activity
Sep 18, 2018 – In spite of ongoing intense mergers and acquisitions activity, the advertising software market is still highly fragmented. According to IDC, the top 15 vendors represented less than 40% of the overall market in 2017.
News categories: IDC, Karsten Weide, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Rise of mobile drives advertisers to invest $30bn in online video despite ongoing risks
Aug 24, 2018 – According to WARC, advertisers are expected to spend a combined $30bn on online video advertising this year, most of which will be paid to social media platforms despite the continuing risks of negative adjacency and ad fraud.
News categories: WARC, James McDonald, Advertising, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
AT&T US up 80k; DTVLA up 140k video subs in 2Q 2018
Jul 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 80,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW and U-Verse subscriber growth offset satellite declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, subscribers were up 140,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AppNexus grows connected TV marketplace 748% year-over-year
Jul 12, 2018 – AppNexus has announced advertiser spend in its connected TV marketplace grew 748% percent year-over-year in the second quarter of 2018 versus the second quarter of 2017, and grew 69% percent quarter-over-quarter in the second quarter of 2018 versus the first quarter of this year.
News categories: AppNexus, Eric Hoffert, Brian Lam, Tyler Fitch, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
AT&T to acquire AppNexus
Jun 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AppNexus. AppNexus will become a part of AT&T advertising & analytics. AppNexus operates a global advertising marketplace and provides enterprise products for digital advertising.
News categories: AT&T, AppNexus, Brian Lesser, Brian O’Kelley, Advertising, Big Data, MnA, USA, Worldwide
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering