Digital TV News: Control4
Charter to offer Apple TV 4K to Spectrum cable customers
Jun 4, 2018 – Apple has announced that Charter Communications will begin offering Apple TV 4K to its customers. Customers will have access to live channels and on-demand programs via a Spectrum TV app on their Apple TV 4K, iPhone and iPad.
News categories: Apple, Charter Communications, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Bang & Olufsen launches BeoLink SmartHome
Feb 4, 2016 – Bang & Olufsen has chosen ISE in Amsterdam, as the platform for launching its way of connecting Bang & Olufsen products with all other technology products in the home through an open, cloud-based architecture called BeoLink SmartHome.
News categories: Bang & Olufsen, Tue Mantoni, Brian Bjørn Hansen, Smart Home, Worldwide
DISH connects Hopper platform to Control4 home automation system
Sep 26, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced plans to integrate Control4 (NASDAQ: CTRL) home automation technology with its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR system. The Control4® system is commonly found both in high-end and mainstream home automation installations.
News categories: DISH Network, Control4, Vivek Khemka, Eric Anderson, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TiVo Launches Four Tuner 'TiVo Premiere 4'
Aug 16, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of its TiVo® Premiere 4, a set-top box designed to solve program scheduling conflicts and allow families to record all of their favorite shows, while simultaneously serving as the hub to a TiVo whole home-setup.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo to Unveil TiVo Premiere Elite, the World's Most Advanced Set-Top Box
Sep 7, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced its TiVo® Premiere Elite set-top box, offering four digital tuners and an unprecedented two-terabyte hard drive for unmatched recording capabilities, as well as THX certification for optimal sound and video fidelity.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, DVR, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
RealNetworks Showcases Its "Entertainment As A Service" Strategy at CES 2008
Jan 7, 2008 – This week at the Consumer Electronics Show, digital entertainment services company RealNetworks® Inc. is showcasing music, video and games offerings across a full range of CE products for the digital living room and on the go.
News categories: RealNetworks, CES2020, DVR, Games Console, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Tablet
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers