Digital TV News: Ericsson
Ericsson ConsumerLab - Ten Hot Consumer Trends 2030
Dec 10, 2019 – According to the Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) ConsumerLab Hot Consumer Trends report, consumers expect an array of beneficial services from connected technology interacting with our senses of sight, sound, taste, smell and touch to be a common reality by 2030.
News categories: Ericsson, Dr. Pernilla Jonsson, Dr. Michael Björn, Digital TV, Market Research, UX, VR, Worldwide
Ericsson releases November 2019 Mobility Report
Nov 25, 2019 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) expects average monthly data-traffic-per-smartphone to increase from the current figure of 7.2 GB to 24 GB by the end of 2025, in part driven by new consumer behavior, such as Virtual Reality (VR) streaming.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
Jun 18, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has signed Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) with Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung Electronics, respectively, for joint research and development in advanced 5G and 6G mobile network technologies.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, 5G, Worldwide
Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
Jun 11, 2019 – Rapid early momentum and enthusiasm for 5G has led Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) to forecast an extra 400 million enhanced mobile broadband subscriptions globally by the end of 2024. The company now forecasts 1.9 billion 5G subscriptions – up from 1.5 billion forecast in November 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Video consumption set to rise further with 5G
May 7, 2019 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has released a new ConsumerLab report, 5G Consumer Potential, which busts industry myths surrounding the value of 5G for consumers and outlines the opportunities available for communications service providers.
News categories: Ericsson, Jasmeet Singh Sethi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
Apr 17, 2019 – Swisscom has become the first mobile provider in Switzerland to go live with its 5G network. Swisscom is installing the infrastructure in major cities, tourist areas and across the countryside to ensure 5G coverage across Switzerland by the end of the year.
News categories: Swisscom, Urs Schaeppi, 5G, Switzerland
KT launches world’s first commercial 5G network
Apr 12, 2019 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has officially launched the world’s first nationwide commercial 5G wireless network in South Korea, ushering in a new era of super-fast and ultra-reliable connectivity for consumers and businesses.
News categories: KT Corp, Lee Pil-Jae, 5G, Content Distribution, Korea
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
Vodafone, Qualcomm and Ericsson to lab test 5G processor and smartphone form factor device
Feb 7, 2019 – Vodafone UK, Qualcomm and Ericsson are conducting ‘over the air’ tests with 5G technology and a device that is similar in size to the 5G mobile phones that are being developed. 5G smartphones will enable extremely high resolution video streaming and gaming on the go.
News categories: Vodafone, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Nick Jeffery, Enrico Salvatori, Thomas Noren, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smartphone, UK
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform