Digital TV News: Faroudja
V-Nova secures investment from Novator Partners
Oct 18, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that it has secured a multi-million pound investment to drive further growth across the business. The firm will expand its R&D teams and its commercial functions to accelerate its market penetration.
News categories: V-Nova, Novator Partners, Guido Meardi, Thor Björgólfsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Venture Capital, Worldwide
V-Nova acquires Faroudja video processing patents
Feb 6, 2017 – V-Nova has announced the completion of its first acquisition, by purchasing the full global patent portfolio of video imaging experts Faroudja Enterprises Inc. for an undisclosed sum.
News categories: V-Nova, Faroudja, S&P Global Market Intelligence, Guido Meardi, Yves Faroudja, Michelle Abraham, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics' multimedia server-box platform selected by Synology
Dec 9, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Synology have announced that ST’s HD and UltraHD multimedia server-box platform (STiH412) has been selected for Synology’s DS216play Network Attached Storage (NAS) server.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Synology, Kelvin Wong, Jones Tsai, Digital TV, Home Server, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear demonstrates satellite UHD reference design with ST and Quantenna at IBC
Sep 11, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it will demonstrate a scalable multi-channel satellite UHD set-top box and media server reference design with STMicroelectronics and Quantenna at the IBC 2015 exhibition in Amsterdam.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, Quantenna, IBC2020, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Civolution forensic watermarking integrated with ST SoCs
Jan 5, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Civolution have announced the integration of Civolution’s NexGuard forensic watermarking with ST’s Ultra HD-4K Cannes and Monaco SoCs to detect unauthorized sharing of digital content and help deter piracy.
News categories: Civolution, STMicroelectronics, Alex Terpstra, Philippe Notton, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking
India's GTPL chooses ST chipsets for cable STBs
Jul 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STi5197 SD and STiH273 HD cable chipsets have been picked by GTPL, a leading Indian Cable MSO (multi-system operator) with over 3 million digital subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, GTPL, Guru Prasad V, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DEN Networks selects STMicroelectronics HD cable chipset
Jun 16, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipset has been selected by DEN Networks, a leading Indian Cable MSO (multi-system operator) with over 6 million subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, DEN Networks, MG Azhar, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear and ST show UltraHD HEVC satellite reference design
Apr 3, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced a reference design aimed at accelerating the adoption of Ultra HD set-top boxes (STB) and gateways by satellite pay-TV operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MaxLinear, Herve Mathieu, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils STB initiatives at TVConnect and CCBN
Mar 18, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced a number of STB initiatives. These include the introduction of a 'Liege2' product family, smaller and more power-efficient members of its existing Liege family and a cooperation with MaxLinear.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Eric Benoit, Brian Sprague, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey