Digital TV News: GMI
Rohde & Schwarz acquires Motama
May 22, 2017 – GMIT, a subsidiary of Rohde & Schwarz, has acquired the technology of Motama. The acquisition will expand the Berlin-based company's product portfolio for interruption-free transmission of audio and video content in IP networks.
News categories: GMIT, Motama, Hannes Strobel, Dr. Marco Lohse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Worldwide
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
GMI Selects ANT for German HbbTV Market
May 5, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Good Mind Industries (GMI) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its new range of set-top boxes (STBs). The product line is to be targeted at the HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) retail market.
News categories: ANT plc, GMI, COMAG, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics Decoder Combines High Performance and Value for High-Definition Set-Top Boxes
Mar 22, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun sampling its STi7106 high-definition (HD) video decoder. The latest evolution of ST's STi7105 single-chip decoder adds China's AVS high-definition decoding whilst maintaining the same architecture as the STi7105.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Latens and GMI Partner to Offer Cable Operators a Highly Secure and Flexible Set Top Solution
Aug 20, 2008 – Latens and Good Mind Industries (GMI) have announced that they have successfully partnered to offer a highly secure, cost effective set top box (STB) solution for operators of DVB-C networks.
News categories: Latens, Good Mind Industries, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs