Digital TV News: Miso
SVC4QoE Project Combines Scalable Video Coding and Quality of Experience Technologies for Robust Mobile Performance Over DVB-T2
Apr 26, 2012 – The SVC4QoE consortium has successfully concluded a project that demonstrates the potential of combined Scalable Video Coding (SVC) and Quality of Experience (QoE) technologies to improve mobile multimedia services while reducing broadcasters' capital and operational costs.
News categories: SVC4QoE, DVB-T2, France, Mobile, Terrestrial
Danish world premiere of next generation mobile TV standard DVB-T2 Lite
Mar 13, 2012 – As one of the first in Europe, Open Channel started trials of DVB-T2 in 2010. Open Channel again leads the way as the first in the world to air the next generation of mobile TV, based on the new standard DVB-T2 Lite profile.
News categories: Open Channel, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Mobile, Tablet
Miso Connects Social TV to DIRECTV
Sep 1, 2011 – Miso and DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) have announced the launch of the first social TV app synchronized with television viewing, enabling real-time social features that change based on what you're watching.
News categories: DIRECTV, Miso, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart Home, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
EBU publishes DVB-T2 planning guidance
May 18, 2011 – The EBU has published a report on network and frequency planning for DVB-T2 terrestrial television services. It is complementary information to the ETSI system specification and implementation guideline and the corresponding DVB Blue Books.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
ENENSYS released the world's first DVB-T2 MISO SFN solution
Feb 16, 2010 – After almost 2 years of hard work and active participation in test-fests involving major DVB-T2 actors, ENENSYS is proud to showcase the very first version of its T2 Gateway and Modulators powering SFN, T2-MI stream interface and MISO.
News categories: ENENSYS, Content Distribution, DVB-T2
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic