Digital TV News: Opera
Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
Jul 17, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has published 'The Global Market for Premium Sports OTT Services,' a special report on the growth of sports OTT services around the world and its impact on traditional pay-TV service providers.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
Jul 17, 2019 – Cifra and Flussonic have launched a project involving the installation of DRM and IPTV middleware on client devices using the Flussonic Media Server broadcasting platform. The integrated solution will make it possible to offer commercial OTT or IPTV streaming.
News categories: Flussonic, Cifra, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Russia
Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
Jul 17, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has integrated Netflix into its Iris multiscreen product, with a first deployment at izzi in Mexico. The integration adds to the other third-party content provider integrations that Mirada currently offers, such as Fox Play and HBO Go.
News categories: Mirada, Netflix, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Terrestrial
Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
Jul 17, 2019 – Socionext has released its e8 streaming encoder. The e8 generates live 8K video streams to enable the expanded use of high-definition video in an increasingly wide range of applications. It will be available worldwide in September 2019.
News categories: Socionext, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
Jul 16, 2019 – Research from Strategy Analytics shows that 45 million PCs and tablets globally will incorporate 5G connectivity by 2023, offering mobile operators a fresh opportunity to sell the advantages and new use cases of high-speed cellular connectivity.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Eric Smith, David Mercer, 5G, Market Research, Tablet, Worldwide
Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
Jul 15, 2019 – Dalet has signed an agreement to acquire the Ooyala Flex Media Platform business. Ooyala Flex Media Platform is a subscription/SaaS offering that provides a solution for servicing OTT and digital media distribution workflows.
News categories: Dalet, Ooyala, David Lasry, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
Jul 15, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has launched an OTT TV service. The service is available on a new set-top-box, EVOBOX STREAM, either with a contract or PAYG. As well as the OTT TV offering the box can receive free-to-air DTT channels with the addition of a DVB-T antenna.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry