Digital TV News: Pixelworks
Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
Feb 18, 2020 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) is working with Qualcomm on a 5G-based fixed wireless access CPE platform. The joint reference solution will combine Pixelworks’ OTA streaming XCode® processor with the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ X55 5G Modem-RF System.
News categories: Pixelworks, Qualcomm, Anthony Gioeli, Gautam Sheoran, 5G, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Gateway, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Pixelworks processor drives Hauppauge dual-tuner OTA streamer
Jan 8, 2018 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced the Company’s XCode 5516 processor with advanced transcoding is the fundamental technology behind the OTA streaming in Hauppauge’s recently launched Cordcutter TV.
News categories: Pixelworks, Hauppauge, Anselmo Pilla, Ken Plotkin, ATSC 3.0, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
ViXS Systems seeks shareholder approval for acquisition by Pixelworks
Jul 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it intends to seek shareholder approval for a proposed acquisition by Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) of all of ViXS' outstanding common shares pursuant to an arrangement agreement between the companies.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Pixelworks, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results
Jun 7, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the period ending April 30, 2017. Revenues for the quarter totaled $4.8 million, down from $7.7 million in the previous quarter, primarily due to the sale of the company's legacy MoCA product line.
News categories: ViXS, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Pixelworks shows cinematic picture quality on mobiles at COMPUTEX
Jun 2, 2014 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) has announced a Mobile Video Display Processor, code-named Iris, that will allow mobile device manufacturers, for the first time, to offer cinematic picture quality on their mobile screens.
News categories: Pixelworks, Bruce Walicek, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Skyworth selects Pixelworks video display processors for Ultra HD 4K TVs
Jan 3, 2014 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) has announced that its PA168 MotionEngine™ video display processor has been selected to power Skyworth’s Ultra HD 4Kx2K Dual Core Android 3D Smart TVs.
News categories: Pixelworks, Skyworth, Graham Loveridge, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Pixelworks' MotionEngine™ Processor Powers Tier 1 Korean TV OEM's 4Kx2K Ultra Definition TV
Oct 18, 2012 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced that its MotionEngine™ video processor has been selected by a tier 1 Korean TV OEM to power their first 84" 4Kx2K Ultra Definition (UD) TV that offers an unparalleled immersive home TV experience.
News categories: Pixelworks, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020