Digital TV News: SDMC
Tencent Cloud and SDMC launch cloud-based SaaS video streaming services
Apr 29, 2020 – Tencent Cloud has signed an MOU with SDMC. Leveraging Tencent Cloud's technology and SDMC's experience in OTT, the parties will offer SDMC XMediaTV Cloud, a cloud-based SaaS video streaming solution for OTT operators around the globe.
News categories: Tencent Cloud, SDMC, Poshu Yeung, David Li, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with SDMC and Amlogic, has announced that they will collaborate on an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators offered as part of the NAGRA Android Fast Track program.
News categories: NAGRA, SDMC, Amlogic, Maurice Van Riek, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Vietnam
SDMC provides technology for Telkom Indonesia's IndiBox
Feb 2, 2019 – SDMC has announced a collaboration with Telkom in Indonesia. The companies have signed a cooperation agreement for OTT TV platform development and the deployment of Android TV set-top boxes for Telkom's IndiBox project.
News categories: SDMC, Telkom Indonesia, Android TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Set Top Box
SDMC wins Android TV certification for OTT STB
Sep 20, 2017 – In September 2017, the OTT TV Box DV8219 launched by SDMC obtained Android TV™ official certification, making SDMC the third authorized company in China after ZTE and Xiaomi.
News categories: SDMC, Android TV, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
UniqCast partners with SDMC for hybrid DVB-T
Apr 15, 2016 – UniqCast and SDMC have integrated the SDMC DVB-T2/IP hybrid, Android-based STB, with the UniqCast IPTV / OTT middleware platform. Having the most popular linear TV channels over DVB-T makes significant savings in network utilization.
News categories: UniqCast, SDMC, Darko Robic, David Li, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
SDMC to show H.265/HEVC 4K UHD OTT set top box at IBC
Aug 21, 2014 – SDMC has announced its plan to show a live demonstration of its H.265/HEVC 4K UHD OTT set top box – DV7819 - at the IBC Show 2014. At the same time, SDMC will show its range of DVB-S2, DVB-T2, and DVB-C hybrid STBs.
News categories: SDMC Technology, IBC2020, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020