Digital TV News: SIRIUS
DISH announces 'Hopper with Sling' whole-home HD DVR
Jan 7, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ:DISH) has announced the introduction of its Hopper with Sling, the second generation of its Whole-Home HD DVR system. Hopper with Sling is powered by a Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) BCM7425 processor.
News categories: DISH Network, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
DISH Introduces Next Generation Whole-Home HD DVR Entertainment System
Jan 9, 2012 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has introduced a high definition DVR entertainment system featuring Hopper™ and Joey™. The Hopper HD DVR and accompanying small Joey boxes let DISH customers record, pause, and play back shows from any room in the home.
News categories: DISH Network, Apps, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Wi-Fi Becomes the Multimedia Interface of Choice for Consumer Entertainment Devices
Dec 15, 2009 – Wi-Fi has taken the entertainment device market by storm, with cameras, gaming devices (handheld and consoles), and personal media players (PMPs) incorporating the technology within the past few years, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Tablet
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
SES ASTRA Boosts Household Reach in the Ukraine
Apr 21, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has significantly increased its reach in the Ukraine. SES ASTRA gained 1.8 million households in 2008, reaching almost all (2.2 million) of the 2.3 million digital satellite homes in the country.
News categories: SES ASTRA, SIRIUS, Cable TV, Market Research, NABShow, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
CanalDigitaal And TV Vlaanderen Launch HDTV Bouquet On ASTRA For Dutch And Belgian Markets
Apr 30, 2008 – As of this month, Dutch satellite TV provider, CanalDigitaal, and Belgian sister company, TV Vlaanderen, broadcast their new HDTV package via ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) satellites at the 23.5Âº East orbital position.
News categories: SES ASTRA, CanalDigitaal, TV Vlaanderen, Belgium, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
SES ASTRA starts new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East
Apr 29, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) has announced the start of a new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East to support the development of the Eastern European and Middle East markets.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
STMicroelectronics Reports 2008 First Quarter Revenues and Earnings
Apr 28, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported financial results for the 2008 fiscal first quarter ended March 30, 2008.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, DVB-S2, In-Car, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024