Digital TV News: SMG
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
SVoD to generate 6% of pay TV revenue in China by 2016
Mar 11, 2015 – Subscription video on demand (SVod) will rise to 28.3 million users in China in 2016, as OTT players secure exclusive rights to paid sports content such as English Premier League, according to a report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Hansang He, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Lenovo announces launch of own-brand connected TVs
Mar 17, 2011 – Lenovo has announced that it will launch its own brand of connected televisions by the end of this year. Lenovo also announced a joint venture with Shanghai Media Group (SMG) on mobile internet and digital home products.
News categories: Lenovo, SMG, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
ViXS Systems to integrate SypherMedia Security Technology
Sep 14, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced that it has added SMI's SypherMedia GateKeyper™ and Kernel™ technologies into the Xtensive™ applications developer software suite for its multimedia ICs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, SypherMedia International, Conditional Access, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Intel, SMG Cooperate on Terrestrial DTV
Mar 10, 2008 – In a joint announcement, Intel (INTC) and the Shanghai Media Group (SMG) have announced that the two companies would join forces to promote wireless DTV.
News categories: Intel Corp, Shanghai Media Group, China, Digital TV, DTMB, OTT, Smart Home, Terrestrial
MTG to Launch DTH Satellite Platform in the Ukraine
Sep 10, 2007 – Modern Times Group MTG AB (STO:MTGA)(STO:MTGB) has announced that it has signed a partnership agreement with Strong Media Group to launch the first digital premium DTH satellite TV operator in Ukraine.
News categories: Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
China - SMG, Intel unite for the small picture
Jun 15, 2007 – The Shanghai Media Group has teamed up with Intel Corp to co-develop wireless broadband and mobile technology for high-definition TV programs, both sides have said. More …
News categories: Broadband, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
China's SMG to launch mobile TV
May 23, 2007 – Shanghai Media Group, China’s second-largest media group by revenue, is expected to launch next week the country’s first TV service broadcast directly to mobile phones. More …
News categories: 5G, China, Digital TV, Mobile
UUSee - How Can 30 Million Chinese Broadband Users Be Wrong?
Jan 30, 2007 – Though the boom in online video distribution has most closely been associated with the U.S. and the English- speaking market, media and technology players would be well-served to look to China's UUSee for a very real glimpse into online video's future.
News categories: UUSee, China, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet