Digital TV News: Simple.TV
Zenverge powers SiliconDust next gen gateways
Jan 21, 2014 – Zenverge has announced that SiliconDust has incorporated Zenverge's ZN200 system-on-a-chip (SoC) into their latest HDHomeRun and Simple.TV Branded Network Attached TV tuner products, the HDTC and STV2 series.
News categories: Zenverge, SiliconDust, Raghu Rao, Theodore Head, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
Simple.TV selects Gracenote to power EPGs for on-screen and second screen apps
Dec 12, 2013 – Simple.TV has selected Gracenote eyeQ™ to power the electronic program guide for all digital basic cable and over-the-air programming for Simple.TV users in North America.
News categories: Gracenote, Simple.TV, Mark Ely, Stephen White, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Simple.TV partners with Silicondust for new hardware and expansion into Europe
Sep 5, 2013 – Simple.TV has announced a manufacturing and distribution partnership with Silicondust to build and distribute their next generation streaming DVR device and bring broadcast, over-the-air (OTA) television to connected devices everywhere.
News categories: Simple.TV, Silicondust, DVR, Europe, IFA2020, Set Top Box, USA
Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
Jun 11, 2013 – Simple.TV and Rovi Entertainment Store (RES) have announced a collaboration that is designed to enable Rovi Entertainment Store customers to deliver live TV and Cloud DVR functionality from within their RES-powered applications and accounts when paired with a Simple.TV.
News categories: Simple.TV, Rovi, DVR, OTT, Placeshifting
Pixsan and Simple.TV Announce Strategic Partnership and initial Freeview integration
Mar 19, 2013 – Pixsan Digital Software has announced that is has partnered with Really Simple Software to bring Simple.TV to the European, Middle East and African markets. Pixsan also says it will be ready with a Freeview version of the Simple.TV DVR and service over the summer.
News categories: Pixsan, Simple.TV, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UK
Simple.TV launches DVR for cord cutters with Buffalo & ViXS
Jan 9, 2012 – Simple.TV has announced that it has partnered with Buffalo to launch a DVR designed for the connected world. Bringing live and recorded TV to connected devices, Simple.TV turns the iPad, Roku box, Google TV, or any web browser into a full-featured DVR.
News categories: Simple.TV, Buffalo Inc, ViXS Systems, Maresuke Ishii, Sally Daub, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Simple.TV Launches DVR for the Connected TV World
Jan 9, 2012 – Simple.TV has launched the first DVR designed for the connected TV world. Bringing live and recorded TV to connected devices, Simple.TV turns the iPad, Roku box, Google TV, Boxee Box, or any web browser into a DVR that is accessible from anywhere.
News categories: Simple.TV, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024