Digital TV News: TRIO
Growing acceptance of Smart Home devices
Jun 25, 2019 – Global shipments for smart home devices reached 168.6 million in the first quarter of 2019 (1Q19), up 37.3% from the previous year, according to IDC. This growth was driven by the growing acceptance of connected devices within the home.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Adam Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
SKYWORTH brings the smart home to the big-screen
Mar 30, 2019 – SKYWORTH has announced a strategy to drive Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) to the big-screen and revolutionize smart home technology. SKYWORTH's AIoT ecosystem combines its Swaiot device interaction system and Q80 series TVs.
News categories: SKYWORTH, Tony Wang, China, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Americans love streaming TV but can't give up 'destination television'
Sep 28, 2017 – Pay-TV subscribers in the United States are growing increasingly satisfied with over-the-top streaming TV services vs. traditional cable TV, but they also are spending nearly an hour more a week watching regularly scheduled television programming than they did two years ago.
News categories: J.D. Power, Peter Cunningham, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Cable’s first live PPV sports event in Ultra HD delivered by iN DEMAND with SES
Jun 29, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced the successful delivery of iN DEMAND and cable’s first 4K live Pay-Per-View (PPV) sports event broadcast, Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs Silva Mixed Martial Arts, over the SES Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES, iN DEMAND, Steve Corda, John Schultz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
ARABSAT and EMC announce triple play over satellite joint venture
Sep 8, 2015 – ARABSAT and EMC have announced a joint venture to launch TRIO, the first real triple play service over satellite in the world. The TRIO platform is built using SATLink technology from EMC with the soon-to-be launched ARABSAT Badr-7 satellite at the MENA hotspot of 26°E.
News categories: ARABSAT, EMC, TRIO, Khalid Balkheyour, Abel Avellan, Santiago Rossi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
U.S. multichannel video subscription count drops by a quarter million in 2013
Mar 19, 2014 – The U.S. multichannel segment posted its first full-year decline in subscriptions, according to SNL Kagan estimates for cable, DBS and telco offerings at the end of 2013.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Tru2way® Home Networking Event Demonstrates DVR Content Sharing Between STBs and DLNA Devices
Aug 3, 2010 – A CableLabs® interop has demonstrated sharing of premium DVR content among multiple tru2way® set-top boxes and DLNA Certified® devices, such as connected TVs, game consoles, PCs and mobile devices, over a home network in a secure manner.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box