Digital TV News: Vimeo
Opera TV Store integrated with MediaTek's Smart TV chipsets
Feb 5, 2013 – Opera has announces that MediaTek has integrated the Opera TV Store with its Smart TV chipsets. Manufacturers that use MediaTek chipsets can now provide web functionality and application environments for their TVs, set-top boxes and media players.
News categories: Opera Software, MediaTek, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Humax set-top boxes to carry HTML5-powered Opera TV Store
Jan 9, 2013 – Humax will launch the Opera TV Store on its new set-top boxes in 2013. Customers are able to enhance their connected TV experience simply by selecting and installing web apps from the HTML5-powered Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, Humax, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Samsung Adds New Amazon Instant Video App to Smart TVs
Oct 24, 2012 – Samsung America (Seoul: 005930) has announced that Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) Instant Video now joins the library of streaming content featured on Samsung TVs. Amazon Instant Video offers access to a library of over 140,000 movies and commercial-free TV shows.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Boxee launches Boxee TV with Cloud-DVR
Oct 16, 2012 – Boxee has announced a new device, Boxee TV, that will be available in the US this November. It brings together Live TV, Internet Apps and a Cloud DVR. The device is based on a chipset from Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM).
News categories: Boxee, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
nangu.TV launches enhanced media platform at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 19, 2012 – At London's IP&TV World Forum, nangu.TV has unveiled Interactive CATV, a service providing increased interactive, IP-based services. nangu.TV now allows cable operators and alternative ISPs to increase ARPU and offer a competitive package.
News categories: nangu.TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Apple Brings 1080p High Definition to New Apple TV
Mar 7, 2012 – Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has announced the new Apple TV® featuring 1080p programming including iTunes® movies and TV shows, Netflix, Vimeo, and more in HD. With iTunes in the Cloud, customers can purchase and play movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store® and watch them on their HD TV.
News categories: Apple, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Opera TV Store: Connect your TV to the web world
Sep 1, 2011 – Opera Software has launched its Opera TV Store, a complete HTML5 based store solution for easy implementation into connected TVs by OEMs and easily reached by developers and content providers.
News categories: Opera Software, Apps, Blu-ray, IBCShowcase, IFA2020, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vimeo Releases Universal Player to Support Embedded Videos on Mobile Devices
Aug 17, 2010 – Online video sharing site Vimeo® (Nasdaq: IACI) has released a Universal Player that allows people to watch embedded Vimeo videos on mobile devices such as iPhone or iPad using HTML5.
News categories: Vimeo, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Tablet
On2 Releases Hantro Multiformat Hardware Decoder with On2 VP6 Support
Oct 8, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has released its new flagship hardware video decoder design, the Hantro™ 9190. The 9190 is the tenth generation of the Hantro line of decoders.
News categories: On2, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV