Digital TV News: Zoran
Zoran Demonstrates Latest Set-Top Box Platforms for Global Manufacturers at Convergence India 2011 in New Delhi
Mar 21, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest set-top box processor platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers in Pragati Maidan Hall 7, Booth B-15 at the Convergence India 2011 Exhibition.
News categories: Zoran, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
CSR plc announces merger with Zoran Corporation
Feb 19, 2011 – CSR plc (LSE: CSR.L) and Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ: ZRAN) have entered into a merger agreement under which Zoran will merge with CSR for an equity value equivalent to approximately US$679 million.
News categories: Zoran, CSR plc, MnA, Semiconductor
Zoran Corporation Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2010 Results
Feb 3, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has reported results for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2010. Revenues for the fourth quarter were $74.2 million, compared to $99.3 million last quarter and $93.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2009.
News categories: Zoran, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zoran Adds Value to New Consumer-Electronics SoCs With Integration of SENSIO®Hi-Fi 3D
Jan 24, 2011 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced that Zoran will integrate SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D decoding technology into new Zoran system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for 3D-capable audiovisual products, including TVs and set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: SENSIO, Zoran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, VR
Zoran's SupraHD® 788 Processor Powers Toshiba's New Ultra Thin LED Internet Connected TV Series
Jan 11, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has announced that its SupraHD® 788 Internet Connected DTV platform, which also includes Zoran's SupraFRC® 201 frame rate conversion solution, powers Toshiba's new ultra thin UL605 LED TV series.
News categories: Zoran, Toshiba, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Zoran Demonstrates New Connected, Full HD and 3D Solutions for DTVs, Set-Top Boxes, Digital Cameras and Printers at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has announced that it is demonstrating its newest digital entertainment and digital imaging platforms and technologies, including silicon tuner and demodulator solutions, for consumer electronics manufacturers at CES 2011.
News categories: Zoran, Blu-ray, CES2021, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
RVU Alliance to Showcase RUI Technology at CES
Jan 5, 2011 – The RVU Alliance has announced that its members will conduct demonstrations of the RVU Remote User Interface technology at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from Jan. 6-9.
News categories: RVU Alliance, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
MIPS Technologies Continues Digital Home Leadership With New SmartCE™ Platform
Jan 5, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has unveiled the new SmartCE™ (Connected Entertainment) platform, which will be demonstrated running on several of its licensees' SoC platforms at CES.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Blu-ray, CES2021, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica