Digital TV News: Andrew Griffith
NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
Mar 18, 2019 – NBCUniversal and Sky have announced the expansion of AdSmart, unifying both companies' advanced advertising capabilities. The joint solutions bring together NBCUniversal's advanced targeting with Sky's addressable advertising tools.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Sky, Linda Yaccarino, Andrew Griffith, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Sky invests in Synamedia
Jan 8, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that Sky has taken a stake in the business, joining majority shareholder the Permira funds. Both Sky and its parent company Comcast are long-time Synamedia customers as well as strategic development partners.
News categories: Synamedia, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Griffith, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Sky launches new streaming service in Spain
Sep 11, 2017 – Sky has launched a TV streaming service in Spain, offering entertainment and contract-free viewing to customers to watch on all their devices. The new service will offer Spanish pay TV channels, TV series and on-demand films for €10 a month.
News categories: Sky, David Nuñez, Andrew Griffith, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
Sky and Virgin Media announce targeted TV advertising partnership
Jun 15, 2017 – Sky and Virgin Media have announced a strategic partnership that will enable businesses both big and small to benefit further from advanced TV advertising across both Virgin TV and Sky platforms.
News categories: Sky, Virgin Media, Andrew Griffith, Jamie West, Tom Mockridge, Pat Kiely, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Sky completes Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland deals
Nov 13, 2014 – Sky has created Europe’s leading entertainment company after completing the acquisition of Sky Italia and a majority interest in Sky Deutschland. The enlarged group will serve 20 million customers across five countries: Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, MnA, Satellite, UK
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024