Digital TV News: Channel 4
BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
Nov 21, 2019 – Deltatre has powered the launch of streaming service BritBox. BritBox chose Deltatre as its front-end and design partner, utilising 'AXIS', the company’s targeted UX management platform, to power the front-end of its streaming service.
News categories: Deltatre, BritBox, Ron Downey, Lee Marshall, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, UX
Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
Sep 17, 2019 – Sky and Channel 4 have announced a partnership spanning content, technology and innovation. Channel 4 will use Sky’s AdSmart technology to deliver addressable ads across its portfolio of linear channels to both Sky and Virgin Media households.
News categories: Channel 4, Sky, Alex Mahon, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
Half of UK homes now subscribe to TV streaming services
Aug 7, 2019 – Around half of all UK homes now subscribe to TV streaming services according to Ofcom’s Media Nations report. The number of UK households signed up to the most popular streaming platforms increased from 11.2m (39%) in 2018 to 13.3m (47%) in 2019.
News categories: Ofcom, Yih-Choung Teh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
Freeview UK mobile app launches on Android
Jul 29, 2019 – Freeview's mobile app is now available to download from the Google Play Store, giving UK Android users the freedom to watch their TV on-the-go. As with all Freeview products the app is free to use, with no download fee and no subscription.
News categories: Freeview UK, Owen Jenkinson, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Channel 4 lets advertisers use their own audience segments across its platforms
Jun 5, 2019 – Channel 4 has announced Project Agora, a Channel 4-developed technology that enables advertisers to match their own custom audience segments across Channel 4 platforms in a cookie-less, GDPR compliant way for the first time.
News categories: Channel 4, Jonathan Allan, Jonathan Lewis, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
All 4 relaunches with new visual identity, new iOS app and a trial ad-free service
Feb 28, 2019 – Channel 4 has relaunched its VOD service, All 4, with a new visual identity, a new iOS app and an invitation for selected registered users to trial All 4 +, a paid-for upgrade which runs programmes without ads in commissioned content.
News categories: Channel 4, 4creative, Richard Davidson-Houston, Alice Tonge, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
Feb 12, 2019 – In a new insights paper, Cracking the programmatic conundrum, the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe (FWCE) looks at how broadcasters and pay TV operators are embracing automated technology to enhance their offerings.
News categories: FreeWheel, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe
Channel 4 launches 'Dynamic TV' - a European first in VoD ad targeting
Jan 23, 2019 – Channel 4 has announced the launch of Dynamic TV - an ad innovation which enables potentially thousands of variations of data-driven creative to be served across big screen devices like smart TVs for the first time, as well as on mobile and desktop VOD platforms.
News categories: Channel 4, Innovid, David Amodio, Tal Chalozin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software