Digital TV News: Dr. Neale Foster
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
ACCESS acquires NetRange
Apr 16, 2019 – ACCESS Europe has acquired NetRange. The acquisition guarantees that the company’s customers will be able to deploy solutions spanning the entire connected entertainment portfolio inside the home, on-the-go and in connected vehicles.
News categories: ACCESS CO, NetRange, Dr. Neale Foster, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, In-Car, MnA, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS CO and Irdeto partner to safeguard in-car data and services
Jan 8, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and Irdeto are partnering to safeguard in-car data and services. Vehicle connectivity can result in increased security threats. Infotainment systems could allow access to other connected components, rendering the vehicle's control systems open to attack.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Irdeto, Dr. Neale Foster, Niels Haverkorn, CES2020, Content Protection, In-Car, Worldwide
ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon launch customisable STB platform
Sep 11, 2018 – ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon have announced the launch of a complete customizable platform that enables operators and middleware companies to design any service for any content, delivered to the household TV. The platform will make its debut at IBC.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, EKT, HiSilicon, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and ZEASN usher in next gen Smart TV experiences
Sep 6, 2018 – ACCESS and ZEASN have announced that they have combined ACCESS’ expertise in connected entertainment with ZEASN’s smart TV app store and embedded OS. The joint solution is based on ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser BE and ZEASN’s TV store and WhaleOS.
News categories: ACCESS CO, ZEASN, Dr. Neale Foster, Jason He, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS and DTVKit pre-integrate browser and DVB components for HbbTV and HTML5
Sep 13, 2017 – ACCESS CO. and DTVKit have announced a collaboration to offer open standards-based solutions to the connected entertainment industry. Chromium browser and DVB components are pre-integrated for HbbTV and HTML5 connected applications.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and Zenterio showcase browser power at IBC 2017
Sep 7, 2017 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced demonstrations of their joint solution for operator services, combining Zenterio OS and JetUI with the NetFront Browser family for seamless experiences on all screens.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr. Neale Foster, Marco Frattolin, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS TV browsers pre-integrated by Foxxum
May 23, 2017 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its portfolio of TV browsers are being pre-integrated by the Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum. The partnership aims to improve the quality of experience of Foxxum’s Smart TV App Store on Linux and Android devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Foxxum, Dr. Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
Inview integrates ACCESS' NetFront HTML5 browser
Dec 6, 2016 – ACCESS and Inview have announced a partnership to integrate interactive HTML5 functionality via ACCESS’ NetFront Browser NX with Inview’s middleware. Inview will be deploying the combined platform with customers in the New Year.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Inview, Dr. Neale Foster, Julie Austin, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform