Digital TV News: EE
Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
Sep 15, 2020 – Orange France has successfully launched a Network PVR service powered by Broadpeak. Using Broadpeak's Cloud PVR solution, Orange subscribers can record content directly in the cloud, enjoying seamless switching from one screen to another.
News categories: Broadpeak, Orange, Jacques Le Mancq, Yvonnick Boursier, Digital TV, France, IPTV
ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0
Sep 15, 2020 – ZEASN has announced version 3.0 of its Smart TV App Store. The release adopts a minimalist design style and a new UI, as well as a series of new features and improvements. The update will begin rolling out this week.
News categories: ZEASN, Raymond Chung, Apps, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
On Addressability playbook launched
Sep 14, 2020 – The founding members of On Addressability – Charter’s Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising and Cox Media – have announced the launch of the On Addressability playbook to help the television industry 'turn on' addressability.
News categories: On Addressability, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
ITN Networks selects LoopMe for Linear and Connected TV analytics
Sep 14, 2020 – ITN Networks has announced a partnership with LoopMe to expand advanced audience measurement and targeting for U.S. national advertisers across customized linear, over-the-top (OTT) and connected TV (CTV) video networks.
News categories: LoopMe, ITN Networks, Elle Donner, Mike Hardy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ZTE combines soundbar and set-top box
Sep 14, 2020 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched a far-field 4K AI Soundbar STB at the IBC Showcase. By integrating smart soundbar and set-top box (STB), ZTE provides operators with a multi-function platform and a must-have device for consumers.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MIPCOM 2020 moves entirely online
Sep 10, 2020 – MIPCOM 2020 has announced that the 36th annual international television content market will now take place entirely online as MIPCOM ONLINE+. The physical gathering is cancelled due to the continued impact of COVID-19.
News categories: MIPCOM, Laurine Garaude, COVID-19, Digital TV, Worldwide
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
MENA SVOD subscriptions to grow 148% by 2025
Sep 10, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 27.16 million paying SVOD subscriptions in the Middle East and North Africa by 2025, up from 10.95 million recorded at end-2019.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
OzTAM adds co-viewing to BVOD reporting
Sep 10, 2020 – OzTAM has introduced CTV co-viewing data to its VPM Report. The enhancement evolves the VPM service from a 1:1 people-to-device measure for BVOD to reflect that people often watch BVOD content together on a CTV.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0