Digital TV News: EPIX
Updated Apple TV app available in over 100 countries
May 13, 2019 – Apple has released an updated Apple TV app. The app is available in over 100 countries across iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs. Customers can now subscribe to Apple TV channels and watch on demand directly within the app.
News categories: Apple, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
Apple debuts new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels
Mar 25, 2019 – Apple has announced Apple TV+, Apple’s original video subscription service. Additionally, Apple debuted the all-new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels coming in May 2019. The all-new Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies, sports, news and more in one app.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
Roku devices can now interact with Amazon Alexa
Mar 5, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku devices are now compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices through the new Roku skill for Alexa. Roku streaming player and Roku TV owners in the US can now control their Roku devices using Alexa.
News categories: Roku, Alexa, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
EPIX launches EPIX NOW streaming service
Feb 11, 2019 – EPIX, the premium TV network owned by Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), has announced the launch of EPIX NOW, a streaming service available through partner app stores, featuring its full library of critically acclaimed original programming and blockbuster movies.
News categories: EPIX, Michael Wright, Monty Sarhan, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Roku rolls-out Premium Subscriptions
Jan 28, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that has begun rolling out Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel. All supported devices are expected to receive the update in the coming weeks, beginning with Roku players and concluding with Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, Rob Holmes, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
EPIX delivers 4K content to Apple TV using BuyDRM’s KeyOS
Sep 4, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that EPIX has partnered with the KeyOS multi-DRM platform to protect their premium video content. EPIX became the first U.S. premium TV network to stream 4K content.
News categories: BuyDRM, EPIX, Christopher Levy, Sacha Stanton, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Anevia acquires Keepixo
Mar 6, 2018 – Anevia has announced an agreement to acquire video compression software expert Keepixo. Specialising in the development of video compression software for TV operators, Keepixo’s solutions enable live or near-live broadcasts for multiscreen TV.
News categories: Anevia, Keepixo, Damien Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, NABShow, Worldwide
Anevia and Keepixo offer ultra-low-latency OTT delivery of UHD content
Feb 2, 2018 – Anevia has announced a strategic business partnership with Keepixo to provide operators and broadcasters with a 'one-stop shop' ultra-low-latency delivery solution for UHD content in over-the-top (OTT) environments.
News categories: Keepixo, Anevia, Jerome Blanc, Damien Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box