Digital TV News: Fateha Begum
Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
Oct 10, 2019 – With the Apple TV+ app initially addressing only about half of the total U.S. market, the service is likely to encounter limited subscriber growth compared to competitive offerings that have a wider reach, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC19, Smart Home, UK, USA
Europeans spending two more hours a month watching on-demand video
Aug 13, 2018 – As viewers continue to shift to viewing television content on an on-demand basis, TV and video consumption is changing across the leading five European markets, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Rob Moyser, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, OTT, Spain, UK
Out of Home video viewing on the rise
May 29, 2018 – More than half of internet users surveyed in the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan and Germany watched video content out of their homes at least once a month, according to consumer surveys conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
Mar 20, 2018 – According to IHS Markit, digital pay TV subscriptions around the world exceeded one billion for the first time in 2017. This global growth comes despite the continued uptake of over-the-top (OTT) subscription video services.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016, with personal video recorder (PVR) time-shifted viewing starting to plateau as PVRs become standard in pay‑TV offerings.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019