Digital TV News: Fateha Begum
Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
Oct 10, 2019 – With the Apple TV+ app initially addressing only about half of the total U.S. market, the service is likely to encounter limited subscriber growth compared to competitive offerings that have a wider reach, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC20, Smart Home, UK, USA
Europeans spending two more hours a month watching on-demand video
Aug 13, 2018 – As viewers continue to shift to viewing television content on an on-demand basis, TV and video consumption is changing across the leading five European markets, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Rob Moyser, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, OTT, Spain, UK
Out of Home video viewing on the rise
May 29, 2018 – More than half of internet users surveyed in the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan and Germany watched video content out of their homes at least once a month, according to consumer surveys conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
Mar 20, 2018 – According to IHS Markit, digital pay TV subscriptions around the world exceeded one billion for the first time in 2017. This global growth comes despite the continued uptake of over-the-top (OTT) subscription video services.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016, with personal video recorder (PVR) time-shifted viewing starting to plateau as PVRs become standard in pay‑TV offerings.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications