Digital TV News: Fateha Begum
Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
Oct 10, 2019 – With the Apple TV+ app initially addressing only about half of the total U.S. market, the service is likely to encounter limited subscriber growth compared to competitive offerings that have a wider reach, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC19, Smart Home, UK, USA
Europeans spending two more hours a month watching on-demand video
Aug 13, 2018 – As viewers continue to shift to viewing television content on an on-demand basis, TV and video consumption is changing across the leading five European markets, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Rob Moyser, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, OTT, Spain, UK
Out of Home video viewing on the rise
May 29, 2018 – More than half of internet users surveyed in the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan and Germany watched video content out of their homes at least once a month, according to consumer surveys conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
Mar 20, 2018 – According to IHS Markit, digital pay TV subscriptions around the world exceeded one billion for the first time in 2017. This global growth comes despite the continued uptake of over-the-top (OTT) subscription video services.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016, with personal video recorder (PVR) time-shifted viewing starting to plateau as PVRs become standard in pay‑TV offerings.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA