Digital TV News: Fateha Begum
Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
Oct 10, 2019 – With the Apple TV+ app initially addressing only about half of the total U.S. market, the service is likely to encounter limited subscriber growth compared to competitive offerings that have a wider reach, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC20, Smart Home, UK, USA
Europeans spending two more hours a month watching on-demand video
Aug 13, 2018 – As viewers continue to shift to viewing television content on an on-demand basis, TV and video consumption is changing across the leading five European markets, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Rob Moyser, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, OTT, Spain, UK
Out of Home video viewing on the rise
May 29, 2018 – More than half of internet users surveyed in the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan and Germany watched video content out of their homes at least once a month, according to consumer surveys conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
Mar 20, 2018 – According to IHS Markit, digital pay TV subscriptions around the world exceeded one billion for the first time in 2017. This global growth comes despite the continued uptake of over-the-top (OTT) subscription video services.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), linear TV viewing declined across the big five European markets in 2016, with personal video recorder (PVR) time-shifted viewing starting to plateau as PVRs become standard in pay‑TV offerings.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices