Digital TV News: Fransat
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
FRANSAT selects NEOTION CAMs for MDU distribution
Jun 9, 2015 – FRANSAT, the French free DTT satellite platform belonging to Eutelsat, has selected the latest NEOTION professional CAM range to support the transition in early 2016 to Full HD for viewers receiving the platform through a community installation.
News categories: NEOTION, FRANSAT, ANGA COM, CAM, Content Distribution, France, Satellite, Terrestrial
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
European satellite TV operators launch FreeTV Alliance at IBC 2014
Sep 12, 2014 – Three leading European free-to-air satellite TV operators – Fransat, Freesat, and Tivùsat – have come together to form the FreeTV Alliance. The Alliance aims to promote the harmonisation of satellite TV services and technology across Europe.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Alberto Sigismondi, Digital TV, France, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, UK
Eutelsat and partners to show HbbTV-based Push VOD at IBC
Sep 8, 2014 – Eutelsat, MStar Semiconductor, Aston and Quadrille have announced that they have combined their skills to implement and validate Push Video-On-Demand (VOD) services using the HbbTV v2.0 standard.
News categories: Eutelsat, MStar Semi, Aston, Quadrille, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FRANSAT and ASTON launch CI+ 1.3 CAM module
Sep 12, 2013 – The FRANSAT CI+ CAM module manufactured by ASTON under the name 'MINISAT ® HD Easy' allows reception of the French FRANSAT satellite service on a wide selection of televisions incorporating the CI+ 1.3 standard.
News categories: ASTON, FRANSAT, CAM, France, Satellite, Smart TV
NEOTION and FRANSAT launch HbbTV tablet
Jun 5, 2013 – Eutelsat's subsidiary FRANSAT together with NEOTION have developed an Hbb Tablet. The tablet accesses HbbTV content as a 'companion screen' via a Bluetooth connection from NEOTION's CI PLUS BlueBridge CAM module attached to the TV.
News categories: FRANSAT, NEOTION, ANGA COM, CAM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Satellite, Tablet
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos