Digital TV News: Herve Mathieu
NEOTION and SmarDTV Global highlight merger benefits
Sep 13, 2018 – On 21st of August, SmarDTV’s CAM and STB businesses were transferred to SmarDTV Global, a newly set up NEOTUON entity. The combination provides reinforced expertise in delivering solutions for the Pay-TV industry and an enlarged product portfolio.
News categories: NEOTION, SmarDTV, Lionel BOISSIER, Olivier DEMOLY, Hervé MATHIEU, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics selected by SmarDTV for NAGRA QuickStart STBs
Sep 9, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that SmarDTV has chosen ST decoders for its SmarBOX product range, which will benefit from NAGRA technologies such as OpenTV 5 connectware and the NOCS3 hardware root-of-trust.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SmarDTV, Cedric Hardouin, Hervé Mathieu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ST reveals production-ready STB platform for Brazil's analogue switch-off
Aug 5, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is supporting the transition to digital TV in Brazil with a ready-to-produce set-top box platform developed in cooperation with software house EiTV and chipmaker MaxLinear.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MaxLinear, EiTV, Herve Mathieu, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear and ST show UltraHD HEVC satellite reference design
Apr 3, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced a reference design aimed at accelerating the adoption of Ultra HD set-top boxes (STB) and gateways by satellite pay-TV operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MaxLinear, Herve Mathieu, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ST offers Frog by Wyplay satellite set-top-box implementation
Mar 19, 2014 – Wyplay and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced the availability of a satellite broadcast-enabled reference implementation of the Frog by Wyplay set-top-box middleware for ST’s range of ARM-based SoCs (Cannes, Liege2, Monaco, and Orly).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Hervé Mathieu, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
SoftAtHome software integrated with ST's STiH312 client-box SoC
Mar 13, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) and SoftAtHome have announced their extended collaboration to enable operators to deliver Ultra HD viewing experiences on the latest-generation of set-top boxes with ST chips inside.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SoftAtHome, Hervé Mathieu, Michel Degland, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
httv announces availability of httvLink on ST cable chipset
Jan 21, 2014 – httv has announced the availability of its 'httvLink' Open Middleware on STMicroelectronics' STiH273 set-top box chipset, providing an HbbTV solution for the cable pay-TV market.
News categories: httv, STMicroelectronics, Regis Saint Girons, Hervé Mathieu, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Wyplay extends collaboration with STMicroelectronics
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay has announced an extension of its collaboration with STMicroelectronics to make the Frog by Wyplay open-source solution available on STMicroelectronics’ ‘Cannes’ and ‘Monaco’ System-on-Chip families.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Hervé Mathieu, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics chips selected by MitraStar for Kbro set-top boxes
Nov 5, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that MitraStar Technology has selected ST’s STiH273 system-on-chip to produce set-top boxes (STBs) for Kbro Broadband, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MitraStar, Kbro, Herve Mathieu, Chiang-lin Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita