Digital TV News: Mark Kirstein
U.S. EST movie transactions grow 68% year-over-year in Q1 2014
Jun 3, 2014 – The electronic sell-through (EST) TV and movie market has grown since 2012 to more than $1 billion with EST sales now representing almost 14 percent of the 2013 physical and digital home video purchases, according to NPD.
News categories: NPD Group, Mark Kirstein, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, USA
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
Shipments of Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Pass the 60 Million Unit Mark in 2007
Jan 29, 2008 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports that shipments of Internet-Protocol (IP)-enabled consumer electronics reached 64 Million units in 2007. This represented nearly 73% growth. However, the market continues to be dominated by internet-enabled video game consoles.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
MultiMedia Intelligence Identifies Digital Watermarking & Fingerprinting As Key New Technology Opportunities to Monetize Digital Media
Jan 21, 2008 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports that applications leveraging content identification technologies such as digital watermarking and fingerprinting are growing rapidly and could surpass US$500 million worldwide by 2012.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, OTT, Watermarking
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020