Digital TV News: Martijn van Horssen
Ooyala and 24i launch OTT content preparation and delivery solution
Dec 4, 2018 – Ooyala is partnering with 24i to launch OoyalaREACH, an OTT content preparation and delivery solution. Media owners can use OoyalaREACH to create, manage and deploy OTT experiences seamlessly across multiple platforms.
News categories: Ooyala, 24i, Jonathan Huberman, Martijn van Horssen, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
24i Media acquires Mautilus
May 9, 2018 – 24i Media has announced the acquisition of Mautilus, the Czech TV app agency specializing in HbbTV and multiscreen applications. The acquisition strengthens 24i’s technology framework, and increases its production capacity.
News categories: 24i Media, Mautilus, Martijn van Horssen, Rehor Vykoupil, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, MnA, Worldwide
24i acquires Vigour to accelerate growth in OTT multiscreen
Mar 28, 2018 – 24i Media has announced that it has acquired Vigour. The acquisition further enhances 24i’s leadership position globally and accelerates its innovation and growth, with its technology platform at the heart of its ambitions.
News categories: 24i Media, Vigour, Martijn Van Horssen, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Digital TV, MnA, Multiscreen, NABShow, UX
24i unveils Content Management System for VOD
Apr 13, 2017 – 24i Media has announced the launch of SmartOTT Backstage, a CMS that allows content owners, broadcasters and operators to enrich and organize their content metadata, offers social interaction, smarter personalized recommendations, continued viewing and curated content collections.
News categories: 24i Media, Martijn Van Horssen, Content Distribution, NABShow, Worldwide
Kaltura integrates 24i Media's TV Everywhere Interface for OTT TV
Jan 7, 2016 – Kaltura has announced that it has partnered with TV app developer 24i Media to offer the SmartTemplate user interface as a new front end for its OTT TV platform. The integration means that companies can now launch a full multiscreen OTT service in a matter of weeks.
News categories: Kaltura, 24i Media, Ron Yekutiel, Martijn van Horssen, Apps, CES2019, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, UX, Worldwide
24i Media and Conax power Nuevo Siglo OTT TV app in Uruguay
Sep 10, 2015 – 24i Media has announced that Uruguayan cable operator Nuevo Siglo is launching its 'NS Now' OTT service for Smart TVs using an app based on 24i Media's Smart Operator solution. Nuevo Siglo already provides OTT content on set-top-boxes, tablets and mobile devices secured by Conax protection technology.
News categories: 24i Media, Nuevo Siglo, Conax, Martijn van Horssen, Mario Oliveira, Eduardo Mandia del Castillo, Rohit Mehra, Apps, Content Protection, IBCShow, OTT, Smart TV, Uruguay
Holland's Videoland launches VoD app on Samsung Smart TVs
Nov 12, 2014 – Videoland has launched a new VoD app on Samsung Smart TVs, with other devices following soon. The app, created by 24i, introduces several new features and compatibility with an extended range of TV-platforms.
News categories: 24i, Videoland, Martijn van Horssen, Co Mast, Apps, Netherlands, OTT, Smart TV
24i extends Nuevo Siglo OTT service to Smart TVs and game consoles
Sep 13, 2014 – Uruguayan cable operator Nuevo Siglo has contracted 24i to implement their 'Smart Operator' solution, thus enabling the operator to add Smart TVs and game consoles to their OTT service ‘NS Now’.
News categories: 24i, Nuevo Siglo, Martijn van Horssen, Eduardo Mandía del Castillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Games Console, IBCShow, OTT, Smart TV, Uruguay
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released
- 2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
- EU agrees rules to facilitate access to online TV across borders
- 28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
- Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
- Viaccess-Orca to power Guigo TV live OTT service in Brazil
- Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
- Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
- EU to investigate acquisition by Vodafone of Liberty Global businesses
- Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
- Vubiquity and Discover Digital launch VOD with TelOne Zimbabwe
- Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
- Go See TV and Flowplayer launch Shoppable Content Player
- Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
- Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
- Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
- Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
- Mirada wins contract with Skytel in Mongolia
- 7Park Data tracks path from SVOD viewing to buying on Amazon.com